Search results

1. bilbo1337

20TB hard drive for $295

https://serverpartdeals.com/collections/manufacturer-recertified-hdd/products/seagate-exos-x20-st20000nm007d-20tb-7-2k-rpm-sata-6gb-s-3-5-recertified-hard-drive Just under $15 a TB but they're refurbished. The new drives on other places are going for around $440 or so, with other models and...
  2. bilbo1337

How much difference does a managed rack switch make in terms of latency for VDI compared to a basic unmanged switch?

I'm curious to know if it's worth it to upgrade from this super cheap netgear unmanaged 1GbE switch to a switch with some 10GbE SFP+ connections. From what I've been reading, SFP+ is way better than regular RJ-45, not even considering bandwidth but just latency. When I remote in to my server I...
  3. bilbo1337

Water Panther Expanse HDD showing up as EXOS NL 7200.7

What's up guys. I posted an SSD deal the other day of this brand but ended up getting this hard drive instead. It showed up the next day after ordering which was kinda crazy. Anyways, I wanted to update the firmware but Water Panther doesn't have any way to go about this. So I looked up the...
  4. bilbo1337

$699.99 for 7.68TB ($91/TB) U.2 2.5" NVMe Water Panther Expanse SAN SSD

Not much info in terms of specs but it has to be a somewhat newer NVMe spec at this capacity. Just at a price per GB standpoint, it's not bad at all. WP Expanse 7.68TB eNAND 512e PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe U.2 2.5-inch SSD | ECC PLP 1DWPD | Enterprise Data Center SAN Solid State Drive - WECP5S310768S...
  5. bilbo1337

I just upgraded to a Chelsio T6225-CR and don't know if I should set up iSER and if VST in ESXi could enable 25GbE "interconnect" on vLAN switch?

I've been using my onboard network ports on my server but happened to stumble upon a good deal for this converged NIC. It supports 25GbE but also 10GbE, I'm not sure if I do virtual switch tagging if my actual switch would just handle the trunking between the different vLANs and not actually...
  6. bilbo1337

18TB Exos Renewed Hard Drive for $249.99

Just came across this deal. The 16TB refurbished drives were going for this price just a few months ago. At just under $14 per TB, it's pretty solid but it's also the cheapest $/TB drive in a 3.5 inch form factor out there right now it seems. Could be good if you only have 4 bays on a NAS I'd...
  7. bilbo1337

Got a TrueNAS VM set up with HDDs mapped raw, it's working well but anything I should worry about?

First I initially wanted to pass through the whole HBA but then I couldn't boot TrueNAS if I did that. I ended up just passing each disk one at a time. The performance is great, the scrubs and smart tasks are working fine, but there are two little quirks that I've noticed. One quirk is that the...
  8. bilbo1337

EXPIRED Seagate Exos 16TB Recertified Hard Drive at $234.99

There's a promo code 'chiaching' which makes it come out to $234.99 each. They aren't new but still it's manufacture recerts which people get when they have to RMA a new drive from Seagate. So a bit better than a used drive. Also, it looks like there's no sales tax to pay so by itself that's a...
  9. bilbo1337

Cisco storage server IPMI/node config options

I have a question in regards to this cisco storage server. I only know mostly about Dell's servers and iDRAC. There's two server nodes on the cisco system, I'm assuming there's an option in cisco's "iDRAC" or IPMI to make the nodes redundant/failover or to treat it all as one server? I also have...
  10. bilbo1337

Any more ideas for my homelab? My server can take a bit more computing

So far my server at home is running as a file server, torrent server, media server, and random desktop instance. All of this really isn't taking much resources and I feel like I'm wasting the server's potential. I've thought about nextcloud, pfsense, game server, but I suppose I'll need to brush...
  11. bilbo1337

18TB Enterprise HDD $424.99

I've been watching 18TB prices and this looks like the cheapest out there right now. 18TB enterprise hard drive
  12. bilbo1337

FS: 600GB 10K RPM SAS 6Gbps 2.5in Hard Drives

These drives are not very good, I will be honest. They might work out if you buy a bunch and are ok with swapping in spares when needed. Maybe this is a drive that will appeal to someone here! The reads and writes are at around 205MB/s. I'm hoping on selling 40 at a time at $420. I can give...
  13. bilbo1337

FS: 20 Packs of 16TB and 18TB drives

I have a bunch of 16TB and 18TB drives I was going to use for Chia but changed my mind. I can accept wire and ship from Florida, US. PM me for more details, I can give big discounts on 2+ 20 packs. They're all sealed and brand new. 40 drives ST16000NM000J: $18K 40 drives ST18000NM000J: $23K $22K
  14. bilbo1337

One of the cheaper 16tbs not on backorder right now

WP Arsenal 16TB SATA 7200RPM 3.5-Inch DAS Hard Drive Compatible in NetApp, SuperMicro, Synology, JBOD Storage Expansion Enclosures - Newegg.com
  15. bilbo1337

EXPIRED WD Ultrastar 18TB SAS at $367

It's refurbished but these drives haven't really been out that long. Looks to be a good deal as 16TB is around this ball park of price. WD 18TB 4Kn SAS Hard Drive
  16. bilbo1337

Anybody need a PB of storage?

Sure, a bunch of disk shelves and refurb drives could be cheaper but it'd take up a lot of space and power. This jbod seems like a solid deal at $25K for 1PB of storage. I'm not sure who would need it, maybe someone mining filecoin or siacoin or something like that...
  17. bilbo1337

Popular enterprise direct attached storage enclosures

Can somebody help out on the options available for enterprise grade storage arrays? I figure that xyratex, synology, and netapp are the most popular options. Ideally it'd be popular for EOL options down the line..
  18. bilbo1337

Helium 8TB SATA HDD for $157

Solid drive at a good price for new.
  19. bilbo1337

Profile Picture

I searched on how to change this but it seems like old information. How do I change my avatar aka profile image? Thanks.
  20. bilbo1337

18TB Hard Drive for under $500

Here I was thinking the 18TB drives were going to be around $600. This seems too good to be true, an 18TB for sub 500 and it has a 512MB buffer. https://www.newegg.com/white-label-nas-hdd-wls7218tsata3-18tb/p/1Z4-00EB-000U8