Search results

1. T

Windows VM Split-Up

In the next few months, I'll be migrating a Windows Server VM to a new ESXi host. Before I attempt this, I want to get your opinions on how this move/migration should be carried out. The VM in question has multiple services on it, and I have been considering splitting them between multiple VMs...
  2. T

[FS] AMD Instinct Mi25 16GB Accelerator

Can the MI25 be used on VMs that require a primary display adapter? Just curious...
  3. T

Looking At SAS Enclosure Options

I currently have a HBA and/or RAID controller that uses Mini-SAS SFF-8088. My current drive enclosure is a Dell EMC KTN-STL3. I was looking at an HPE M6720, wondering if it would be better than what I already have. I understand that it has more drive bays. However, I don't consider myself...
  4. T

Linux vs. Unix - Which Do You Prefer, and Why?

If an admin sees this, please move this to General Chat if applicable. I dropped this off in the wrong place by accident :| I've been casually using Linux (mostly Arch-based distros) for the past few years. While they have done well at satisfying my needs, I know that Unix/BSD exists as well...
  5. T

Questions About SanDisk Fusion IoScale 3.2TB PCIe SSD (F11-002-3T20-CS-0001)

As the title suggests, I have a few questions about the Fusion IoScale 3.2TB SSD: Is this device supported in ESXi 6.5u3 and/or 6.7u3 ? Will this device work without installing additional drivers ? If not, where should I go to download the required drivers ? What level of performance should I...