Search results

1. E

Trying to locate ECC Memory for Supermicro X11SSL

I am hoping someone here can help give me a lead on what memory to purchase for my supermicro X11SSL based NAS. I am trying to find a 64Gb kit and coming up empty. I am scowering the internet (eBay, PCPP) but the only kits I have found are fully buffered, out of stock, or extremely expensive...
  2. E

Altice Fiber With Own (PFSense) Router (Idea)

https://store.ui.com/collections/operator-accessories/products/uf-gp-b https://store.ui.com/collections/operator-accessories/products/uf-gp-c Couldn't these work?
  3. E

Is it possible to purchase a separate module?
  4. E

Hi All, Altice just rolled out fiber in my area (NJ) and I have been searching for a way around using their crap ONT/Gateway AIO. From what i've read, you need to keep the provided hardware and double NAT the network.. This isn't an optimum *pun intended* solution for me. So here is what I am...
  5. E

Unifi AP Issue

I have a unifi AP setup in standalone mode with a PFSense Router. I want to setup a VLAN Tagged Network with no wireless password (for a guest network). Issue is, it doesn't seem like I'm allowed to setup an open network? This is what i see: Anyone tried to do this before? seems like it...
  6. E

PFsense Captive Portal

Would it be possible to setup a captive Portal access request system in PFsense? Like a door buzzer in an apartment, I want the "guests" to have to request access by giving some identity information. Ideally I would receive the requests via push notifications on my phone. Anyone ever done...
  7. E

Router Build Question

Hi All, thanks in advance for any help. I am trying to setup a 10gbe PFSense server on some Supermicro hardware that I bought on eBay. I am trying to figure out if I have enough PCIe lanes for both the 10gbe NIC and a Samsung 970 evo in one of these enclosures. Any thoughts? Separately, does...