Search results

1. T

EU [SOLD][NL] Z11PA-U12/10G-2G / XEON Silver / Gold / 12x16GB / 5x4TB DC-P4510 / 5x4TB SATA SSD

Here we go ... so for the mobo, cpu's, ram and cooler I prefer a single sale. Hence the discount. I don't want to get stuck with a few modules or cpu's that won't sell. For all items: 100% working! Stuff ran for years 24/7 with no issues whatsoever. Mobo and Xeon Silver are 3,5 years old. Xeon...
  2. T

What should I ask when selling this?

I tore down my server today, I have put up all the U.2 and SATA SSD's up for sale on a Dutch site (is it worth it putting it here as well for EU/NL)? I have the motherboard, memory and cpu left but I have no idea what I can ask for it? Its an Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S with Xeon Gold 6150 Processor...
  3. T

Z11PA-U12/10G-2S max base clock

When looking at the supported processor list it doesn't seem there is much choice for > 3 Ghz with more than 12 cores. I was hoping to score something on ebay with 16 or 20 cores at 3 Ghz or higher base clock. Does anyone know if that actually works on these motherboards? I haven't tried it...
  4. T

Descriptor corrupt on every new disk

Running a freshly installed esxi 8.0 with 1 vm on local datastore in my homelab for some testing purposes. That VM has my LSI controller passed through and is running zfs on Archlinux. I exported an NFS 4 share no_root_squash and using root credentials from ESX to mount the NFS share. It works...
  5. T

mdadm questions

I want to create (and test) mdadm raid10 with 4 nvme enterprise ssd's in 2 mirrors striped (raid10). I intend to create: mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level 1 --name mirror1 --raid-devices 2 /dev/nvme1n1 /dev/nvme2n1 mdadm --create /dev/md1 --level 1 --name mirror2 --raid-devices 2 /dev/nvme3n1...
  6. T

This drive salvagable or need replacement?

Moving and migrating data to make changes to my ZFS pool, one drive is acting up. ZFS showing: # zpool status pool: tank state: ONLINE status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected. action...
  7. T

Find ZFS record sizes per dataset

Now that my new U.2 SSD's are operational I added them as a mirror to my 4-mirror spinning rust pool as a special vdev for metadata and small blocks. For the moment I set it to 64k. Ideally, I would like to figure out the current block sizes per dataset so I can set recordsize to the best value...
  8. T

OCUlink connect U.2 SSD's on Z11PA-U12

I read quite a bit of trouble with cables and OCUlink, ASrock, Supermicro ... I hooked up 2x Intel DC P4510 to the OCUlink connectors using a SFF-8611 to SFF-8639 U.2 NVME PCIe cable ... its this one: https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B09C87X2T8?ref_=pe_28126711_487767311_302_E_DDE_dt_1 Drives are not...
  9. T

Options to connect U.2 SSD's

Hey folks! I am weighing some options. :P . I own a Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S motherboard. Currently running a bunch of spinning disks which I might want to replace with SSD's. I also have 2x U.2 SSD's which I am about to connect to the OCUlink connectors. The motherboard has 3 x miniSAS SATA...
  10. T

Comparison: 512e versus 4kn

I heard quite often that it doesn't matter and even that 4kn is faster or that 512e comes with "a performance hit". However, I have yet to see any direct comparisons with tools and parameters I trust (such as fio), so I decided to run my own. I will try to keep this concise :). Obligatory...
  11. T

HUGO for Linux

Can anyone help me with a download for HUGO for Linux (RHEL/CentOS)? I have the Windows version but that would require I install some trial of Windows first, or remove a pile of disks from my server, attach them one at a time to my Windows machine. Thanks in advance!
  12. T

Help getting M1015 / LSI SAS2008 to work on Red Hat 8

Hey all, I am trying to get my old trusty M1015 to work in Red Hat 8. As you may not be aware, Red Hat in their infinite wisdom removed support for LSI SAS2008/2108/2116 and other controllers and they have since been included in elrepo.org. The controller is in IT mode without a BIOS. I...
  13. T

Local storage options for ESXi

Currently I am running a home server with an Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S. It has 8 disks connected to the onboard SATA controller. I also have an old IBM M1015 lying around. The server is running Red Hat 8.4 with ZFS and RHV virtualiation. ZFS is configured with 4 pairs of mirrors. I don't boot from...
  14. T

DIY tower 10-core Xeon for ZFS storage and KVM

Build’s Name: Paradise Operating System/ Storage Platform: Fedora 33 Server built up from minimal install to keep it lean and clean CPU: Xeon Silver 4210R / 10-cores with HT (20 threads) Motherboard: Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S Chassis: Antec P100 (yes its old but top notch cooling and quiet) Drives...
  15. T

Lots of trouble with Z11PA-U12-10G-2S + 4210R

So I built me a home server for running VM's and storage for backups. I considered going for a Dell T440 but it got too expensive quickly once you start adding things. So I dicided to build my own (something I've done plenty before). Asus Z11PA-U12-10G-2S Intel Xeon Silver 4210R 6x Kingston...