Search results

1. T

EU [SOLD][NL] Z11PA-U12/10G-2G / XEON Silver / Gold / 12x16GB / 5x4TB DC-P4510 / 5x4TB SATA SSD

Enjoy @etorix! Sorry you couldn't come in! Dog goes berserk when someone rings the doorbell. He's quite friendly but he's big and barks so loud it will make your ears bleed. Can be quite intimidating ;) @the rest, combo deal for the mobo adjusted a bit to make it more attractive.
  2. T

What should I ask when selling this?

@USER189364 Appreciate the feedback. And well, anyone is free to ask or send a PM with an offer. I could bring it down a bit, it is a tad high. The cheapest DDR4 ECC/REG I see here is still a bit over 30 euros a piece. The actual Kingston Im selling is closer to 50 a piece. Its 2666 btw, I...
  3. T

EU [SOLD][NL] Z11PA-U12/10G-2G / XEON Silver / Gold / 12x16GB / 5x4TB DC-P4510 / 5x4TB SATA SSD

Here we go ... so for the mobo, cpu's, ram and cooler I prefer a single sale. Hence the discount. I don't want to get stuck with a few modules or cpu's that won't sell. For all items: 100% working! Stuff ran for years 24/7 with no issues whatsoever. Mobo and Xeon Silver are 3,5 years old. Xeon...
  4. T

I did some searching and I think this would reasonable. I still wonder if I should try and sell it in one go, or whether to split it into multiple deals and risk getting stuck with some memory or a cpu that won't sell. Xeon Gold 6150 100€ Xeon Silver 4210R 150€ Z11PA-U12 300€ Kingston DDR4 ECC...
  5. T

I tore down my server today, I have put up all the U.2 and SATA SSD's up for sale on a Dutch site (is it worth it putting it here as well for EU/NL)? I have the motherboard, memory and cpu left but I have no idea what I can ask for it? Its an Asus Z11PA-U12/10G-2S with Xeon Gold 6150 Processor...
  6. T

Z11PA-U12/10G-2S max base clock

Now I feel silly :eek: Apologies! I genuinely misunderstood that and wondered why on earth you would post something like that.
  7. T

Its too easy to criticise and openly asking whats wrong with a person could be considered insulting as well. He's been very helpful here and in the past as well. Why don't you try again and be constructive instead of firing cheapshots. Post a better table or something.
  8. T

Came in today, installed right away. Works like a charm. Deploying 6 node kubernetes cluster via Ansible to vSphere took 5 minutes 40 seconds, takes 3 minutes 43 seconds now. Happy with that but I did not expect that :D :cool:. Haven't done any real benchmarking but storage feels quite a bit...
  9. T

Those are 4 to 10 times more expensive. 117 euro's is almost for free. Its a massive upgrade from the 4210R I have now.
  10. T

Ordered that 6150, its on the list from Asus so it should work without issues. Finally upgrading the Xeon Silver 10C :D Thanks for the help!
  11. T

woah nice! :D So basically that 6150 is the best I can get? Higher base clock than what I have now (2400) for a bit faster RAM speeds, and max boost on all 18 cores.
  12. T

So 2,7 base and 3.8 on all cores right?
  13. T

Thats what I meant, I got 100 tabs open and just typed without reading o_O :D
  14. T

I just found this thats on the list of compatible CPU's...
  15. T

No, no need to disable base clock. Good tip. Is that what explains why some high core high base clock have lower Watts specified on the Asus list than others? I was looking at higher base clock to get higher DDR speeds.
  16. T

When looking at the supported processor list it doesn't seem there is much choice for > 3 Ghz with more than 12 cores. I was hoping to score something on ebay with 16 or 20 cores at 3 Ghz or higher base clock. Does anyone know if that actually works on these motherboards? I haven't tried it...
  17. T

Descriptor corrupt on every new disk

It has something to do with how ZFS exports NFS shares. It uses NFS4 but it gets confusing with ID mapping. I tried creating a new user on ESXi with the same UID as the Linux server that exports the share, but it refuses to connect, no matter what I try. I disabled sharenfs on ZFS, and created...
  18. T

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1016838 It doesn't work because I can fix one file, but then another file complains. It creates the whole structure, allocates files and writes to them. When I open the config files they look good, but somewhere somehow there is something wrong with them. I also...
  19. T

Running a freshly installed esxi 8.0 with 1 vm on local datastore in my homelab for some testing purposes. That VM has my LSI controller passed through and is running zfs on Archlinux. I exported an NFS 4 share no_root_squash and using root credentials from ESX to mount the NFS share. It works...
  20. T

mdadm questions

Thanks all! So this should do it: mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level1 0 --name raid10 -raid-devices 4 /dev/nvm1n1 /dev/nvm2n1 /dev/nvme3n1 /dev/nvme4n1 The reason for the nested raid0's was that I read that mdadm level10 wasn't strictly raid10 and works with 2 and 3 drives too. That makes me...