Search results

1. E

Air flow direction for a top mounted AIO cooling system

Need some opinions, the time had come to finally buy a computer as my old one was 11 years old. So I went to the local IT shop and ordered one to my specs, now that I have had some time to play around with it, I am questioning the direction of the air flow through the top mounted AIO radiator...
  2. E

HPE Smart Array P840/4GB FBWC 12Gbps VS LSI MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i 1GB RAID cards

Hi everyone, Been doing a heap of reading and have come up none the wiser so thought that I would ask the collective members for your opinions so here is a bit of the background. I have an ageing ASUS P9X79-E WS computer with a HP H241 RAID card to run my LTO-5 External Tape drive with a...
  3. E

RAID 0 with 1 drive

Hi everyone, just after some input: I have a spare 9267-8i card with 512MB cache, I connected it to a 2 year old 512GB Samsung Evo 560 SSD and used the Avago MegaRAID software wizard to create a single RAID O drive with no redundancy. I primarily wanted to used that card just to use the 512mb...
  4. E

IBM XIV drives

Hi , just wondering if anyone knows anything about IBM XIV 4TB SAS drives, are they a standard SAS drive that will work on any Generic SAS controllers, or do they require dedicate IBM controllers/harware and also specific software/firmware to initialize and format them. Thanks. Cheers.
  5. E

Errors in RAID LOG - Drives disappearing

Hi Guys, My Raid 5 setup seems to being strange things lately. When the computer wakes up from hibernation, the RAID drives sometimes don't show up, looking at the Log there seems to be a CRC error detected, not sure if the error is in the drives or the controller itself, it lists error in FW in...
  6. E

Is the HP P822 RAID controller any good?

I am starting to upgrade my PC to get a better RAID setup and as these P822 RAID controller cards with 2GB FBWC cache and battery, new (unused) are less than Au$100 delivered (E-Bay) , I am contemplating getting one. My system currently is: ASUS P9X79E-WS (UEFI BIOS) 16GB RAM 4x 320GB...
  7. E

LSI9267-8I and SAS LTO-4 tape drive

Hi guys, this is my first post so wondering if anyone could help me. I have an ASUS P9-X79-E WS based board and after building my system I have found that my LSI203201E card which I previously ran the HP LTO2 tape drive on doesn't get recognized by the system no matter what I did in the UEFI...