Search results

1. G

Used EPYC 7601 post code 78

Thanks Patrick! It was from that video that I put 2 and 2 together and figured out why the CPU I ordered a while back wouldn't work. I could find barely any information on this on the Internet, and I wanted to implicate POST code 78 (at least on Asrock and other AMI Aptio V based boards) to...
  2. G

Unfortunately I don't think simply replacing the DMI strings would work, as that would make it way too easy for the BIOS firmware to be "compromised". Here are the two relevant paragraphs from the security document I linked (emphasis in bold): The "secure hardware root-of-trust" and mentioning...
  3. G

New Supermicro Supermicro H11DSI-NT Amd Epyc DOA?

I had the same issue: code 78 on an Asrock Rack EPYCD8-2T with a 7551 from eBay. Turns out the issue was that the CPU was pulled from a Dell system, which burn a key into the CPU such that it will only boot a Dell-signed BIOS. This makes the CPU unusable in any non-Dell system. Thanks for the...
  4. G

I had the same issue: code 78 on an Asrock Rack EPYCD8-2T with a 7551 from eBay. Turns out the issue was that the CPU was pulled from a Dell system, which burn a key into the CPU such that it will only boot a Dell-signed BIOS. This makes the CPU unusable in any non-Dell system. More details...
  5. G

EPYC Hangs at POST Code 78

I had the same issue: code 78 with a 7551 from eBay. Turns out the issue was that the CPU was pulled from a Dell system, which burn a key into the CPU such that it will only boot a Dell-signed BIOS. This makes the CPU unusable in any non-Dell system. More details here...