Search results

1. D

Building a kubernetes and general system

Hello all. I'm a systems & software developer. My work usually consists of full-stack javascript. I use Ubuntu on a workstation in combination with my notebook, using Synergy, so the server and builds can run on the faster workstation, which I access from the notebook. That works very well. But...
  2. D

FS: Xeon E5-2620 V3 alone or with 32GB DDR4 system

hi all, I've got the following system for sale. I'd consider selling the Xeon alone (since it's a lower power, dual processor model, I'd swap in a 1620) for $375USD with full retail packaging. I can also sell the system without storage or video card (I could include a passive ATI card)...
  3. D

Building a silent powerful home server

Hi all, I'm a bit stymied and hoping for some advice. I've built dozens of servers, but for this build can't find exactly what I need. I have a very minimalist one room loft style apartment, so I don't have a "server room." Last year I put a server in a closet, but it was awkward. So I want...
  4. D

Super quiet and compact home server

Hi! I have a minimalist home and want to build a super-quiet and small living room processing do-all server (as in, inaudible from more than a few feet. It can be enclosed in a cabinet). It needs to support 64GB for occasional tasks, but otherwise just needs to quietly run a few VMs and power a...