Search results

1. K

Tutorial: Updating IBM M1015/LSI 9211-8i Firmware on UEFI Systems

For those having issues finding 9211-8i_Package_P20_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12350530 It seems broadcom took it off their listing but doing a quick search on their site I was able to find it.
  2. K

Help to select a few components for Xeon E5

Regarding ram, I recently purchased these from the same seller for my xeon-d build so model is supported. Samsung M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q 32GB PC4-17000R DDR4-2133 ECC REG 2Rx4 Memory They accepted $150 ea for 2 so you can probably get them for cheaper if you buy 4.
  3. K

XEON-D `LIKE` on the cheap :D

Not sure if you tried ONLY passing through the 10gb NIC? Perhaps you're running out of interrupt vectors on the host.
  4. K

Decent deal on used Intel DC S3700 100GB

Just wrapped up testing the ones I received..all are good. One came with 92TB written and the other 44TB. Power on hours range from 400-600. Grab some while you can!
  5. K

Decent deal on used Intel DC S3700 100GB

Seller accepted $70 for two when I bought mine last week. I was waiting till I got them to report if they were worth it or not. Knew they would end up here sooner or later :p. I'll post usage on the ones I receive tomorrow.
  6. K

FINAL Bachelor Build - Xeon D vSAN Cluster

Grats on the build! It seems this is your "Lab/Home" setup so here is a friendly suggestion that may save you from wifey troubles in the future. (I've had far too many..haha). Purchase another low power firewall (edgerouter/SG-2220) or repurpose for your main home network then virtualize...
  7. K

Overdue Servers/Network Build Log

Finally had some time to update this thread. Only managed to snag these while parts being delivered and building the NAS. No introduction needed :) Favorite Fans (noctua industrial 120mm) PM863s with 3M thin sata cables (these are fragile!) Semi-tight fit but enough air-flow In the...
  8. K

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Just got my X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F and none of the sensors are working (showing not present). I tried resetting the IPMI device but still nothing. Not sure if anyone has seen something similar? FIXED: I had to boot into an OS first...odd is that normal with the xeon-d line? You don't get sensor...
  9. K

Samsung PM863 480GB $129

Just received 4 of these today for my new NAS build and wanted to give others some information regarding them. First off, packaging was great! A lot of bubble wrap and each drive was in a sealed static bag. Drives themselves don't show any cosmetic damage. I checked the disks using...
  10. K

$30 OBO + ship Intel DC S3500 80GB 2.5" SSDSC2BB080G4

Seems like their back! Intel SSD DC S3500 Series 80GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSDSC2BB080G4)
  11. K

modular >= 850W PSU suggestions

+1 for the EVGA G2, Using a 750 and 1300. No issues! Note, the 1300 G2 doesnt come with an ECO mode like the lower watt models but honestly..you don't need it as it's pretty quiet. I did some research between the two types of PSU (P2 and G2) back when I was buying and didn't find enough of a...
  12. K

Xeon D-1518 Home server

I saw you mentioned buying a new switch for those 10gb ports. Depending on your "layer" needs, the netgear s3300-28x is pretty good. Fairly quiet and comes with 2x10gbe ports and 2x10gb sfp+ ports. Good luck with the build! Pictures when you get a chance!
  13. K

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Just grabbed the X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F from wiredzone. Can't wait! Build log update to follow.
  14. K

New build ZOL 24TB

+1 for snapraid, mergerfs. Currently running the combo on Debian 7 for a few months now and no issues :).
  15. K

Someone is going to be lucky

Awesome switch, currently using one for a few months now and no issues. Fan is really quiet once initial boot is done.
  16. K

FS: CPUs, Motherboard and M1015

Bump with price drops
  17. K

FS: CPUs, Motherboard and M1015

Downsized my setup so offloading some parts. Prices are listed with shipping (CONUS) via USPS. Currently not looking for trades. Payment method: Paypal. Heatware: kidchunks | HeatWare.com 1 x Intel i3 3220 (LGA 1155) - Supports ECC $50 1 x SUPERMICRO MBD-X8DAH+-F-O (With I/O Shield) $110...
  18. K

U-NAS NSC-800+Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F Storage Server Build

Hey Jimmy, Good luck with the build! May I suggest reversing the rear fans for better cooling? It did wonders for my UNAS in keeping temps lower. I did end up swapping them out because I had spare high static Pressure fans. My case is louder but temps droped a little more. Give it a try and...