Search results

1. D

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

So... I've chosen LSE1010310021 MSX6025F-xxxS_LS_Ax SwitchX-2 based FDR InfiniBand 1U Switch; 36 QSFP+ ports; unmanaged switch with support of mirroring and multi SW firmware for my SX6790 and successfully bricked it. Instead of 4xQDR I got 0xFDR. Are there any manuals how to...
  2. D

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Is it possible to reflash SX6790 (PSID: EMC0000000001) to make it more useful? I'm totally ok it's unmanaged and IB only. What bothers me that it's just QDR, while I wish I could juice FDR out of it. Made a couple of screenshots from a network manager: Somebody has already tried to figure it...
  3. D

EXPIRED Mellanox InfiniBand SX6018 - Switch - EMC only - $300 OBO

Mine are similar to these, but there is a catch - you need to tweak them to original RPM. I'm not sure what are the failure limits of PSU controller but if you stay close to original fan RPM (23000 +-8%), you're safe. These emulators are based on 555 timer IC, whose output parameters are defined...
  4. D

Didn't make photos at first, was too happy to see it not falling into fault state. Now, after ~12 hours of smooth running (w/o any traffic) in a rack, i removed PSU and took some photos. Some notes: 1. PSU fan mounting screws are too small for Noctua holes while Nostua screws do not go through...
  5. D

Small update to my previous post. I could make PSU work with Noctua 40x20mm fan and fan emulator tuned to 23600 RPM. Left the second PSU in it's original state in case my mod would cause a fire.
  6. D

I've got one of those cheap unmanaged MSX6790 for my homelab. Almost had no problem with upgrading stock fans with noctua's 40x20mm ones. But I can't solve the puzzle with PSU fan which produces 60dBA at 23000 RPM. I've tried to solder in fan emulator, tuned to original RPM, but it didn't do...