Search results

1. C

Proxmox with aoc-s25g-b2s based on STH review

So I went with a Supermicro AOC-S25G-B2S for my small home Proxmox cluster based on the STH review for 25Gb cards and well... I should have gone with my gut and stuck with the AOC-S25G-I2S for the Intel version because Proxmox doesn't like the card. I'm working on a reboot and will post some...
  2. C

FS: AMD Epyc 7302P

AMD EPYC 7302P CPU, 3.0 GHz, 16,Core, 128 MB L3, Socket SP3, Rome, Microprocessor, P/N 100-000000049 This CPU was used for a couple of months in a Dell EMC server before an upgrade was needed with more cores. Please read this carefully, once an Epyc is used in a Dell it can only be used in a...
  3. C

Can you running Docker containers on VMware Tanzu

I know this post could go into the VMware section or kind of here because I'm really interested in using Docker containers from Docker Hub. I have a 3 host vSphere cluster that currently has 1 "larger" VM running Debian/Docker/Portainer on it with about a dozen containers running. With the...
  4. C

[SOLVED] Ghost vSphere vswitch port group

I am running ESXi / vSphere 7.0u1, I had a vswitch with 2 standard port groups. The first was Management Network (default had vmk0) and the second one I created was VMs for my VMs and I placed a VLAN ID tag on it. I have since learned from the community and used another interface for my VMs and...
  5. C

Mellanox SX6036 10/100 Question

I am using an SX6036 in my homelab as my core and I'm out of space in my 12U rack. I am using 56GB ethernet for my virtualization servers, QSFP to quad 10GBe to sfp+, and even a 1GB sfp via a QSA adapter. I have 2 IOT devices like my Phillips Hue hub that need 10/100 and don't have rack space...