Search results

1. T

Supermicro SuperChassis CSE-743 / SC-743

Hello, excuse my longer post with multiple questions, please. For my new server I am looking for a chassis and highly tend to the Supermicro CSE-743. The chassis shall be able to hold a maximum of 8 harddrives (at the beginning 6 drives will be installed) and 2 SATA SSDs. All drives shall be...
  2. T

Estimation of CPU Load and Power Consumption

Hello, my current system uses an Core i5-4690S with a CPU Mark of 5501 to run some virtual machines. The system is running at 3.2 GHz with an overall CPU load (over all cores) of around 40%. How could I estimate the CPU load and resulting power consumption if the same virtual machines are...
  3. T

Supermicro X12STH-LN4F & iGPU Passthrough & IPMI/BMC

Hi, is here someone with experience regarding the Supermicro X12 mainboards? I would like to use an Intel Xeon E-2356G CPU (with integrated GPU) on the Supermicro X12STH-LN4F and are wondering if it will be possible to forward the iGPU of the CPU via PCI passthrough to a VM (for video...
  4. T

Computing Power Comparison of CPUs

Hello, currently I try to compare different CPUs for my use-case and I'm struggling with the "computing power" of the different CPU models. For example, when comparing the Xeon E-2356G and the Xeon W-11855M they have an "Average CPU Mark" of 18912 vs. 19179 on PassMark Software - CPU Benchmarks...
  5. T

Hardware Recommendations for Home Servers (NAS + Virtualization)

Hi, what I have at the moment: A Windows-based system. Intel Core i5-4690S 32 GB RAM Adaptec RAID Controller 8x HDDs The whole system consumes in 24/7 low load state (all drives spinning, all VMs on low load) around 130 W. What I want: TrueNAS CORE as NAS + Proxmox VE for virtualization...
  6. T

Rails for SuperMicro SuperChassis 505-203B (1U)

Hello, the SuperMicro website for the 1U chassis 505-203B mentions only the rail kit MCP-290-50404-0N under optional parts. As a private person in Germany it is quite hard to get this model in a shop. Do you know if any other rail kits also fit to this chassis? Does someone have a picture of...