Search results

1. S

newbie: ASRockRack IPMI / Remote Control : trigger boot menu from bmc KVM using F11?

After you launch KVM, on the menu at the top you should see the entry "Hot Keys" . That's were you can choose one. Eg: F6 (not the key itself, letter F then number 6). Regards
  2. S

Asrockrack X470D4U BMC self test status FAILED

AFAIK user and password is the same: admin From the manual: "The default login information for the IPMI web interface is: Username: admin Password: admin For more instructions on how to set up remote control environment and use the IPMI man- agement platform, please refer to the IPMI...
  3. S

Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build

I remember playing with the overcloking feature on the bios until somehow I got RAM running @3200MHz...
  4. S

When I placed the motherboard into the case, everything seemed to be fit. After booting I noticed that the BMC version in the main window of the BIOS was blank. After exchanging mails with Asrockrack they pointed me in that direction. So I pulled the motherboard out and booted again: it worked...
  5. S

Well, it's kind of "lack of experience" problem. I don't build computers since ages..... The rear UID LED button was stuck, as the motherboard and the back panel did not fit exactly as I'd hoped. Thanks to Asrock Rack support for the heads up . Regards.
  6. S

Hi, * I bought another X470D4U for my home server (already installed one at a customer site). When I couldn't get an ip from bmc (thus no access to it) went to bios config to check if it comes configured with an interface failover : it does and didn't found where to split them. As...
  7. S

Newbie - X470D4U / ryzen 3700X - Network issues

EDIT 3 : looking arp entries on existing server, I got to a different mac address with same ip. The "network guy" swore about that ip, until some honest "pair conversation" chimed in ... Assigned this host other ip number : all is well (after almost 2 weeks of guessingwork...) Sorry for the...
  8. S

EDIT 2 : as debian 10 uses 4.19 kernel , installed kernel 5.7 from backports and scp'ing works without issue from the existing server to this host . Newer kernel has lots of enablement of Ryzen platform, specially 5.7
  9. S

EDIT: I'm using debian10/amd64 right now. Same problem with debian testing (11/Bullseye)
  10. S

Hi, *, again . I'm going into network problems this time . The network is quite old and have several patches (switches and also some hubs!) . After several rounds I got to copy (scp) a 40GB file from one existing server to a kvm guest at this computer at gigabit speed . At 18GB the copy...
  11. S

Newbie - X470D4U / ryzen 3700X : RAM (CT16G4DFD832A x 2) is running at 2400 MHZ

Thanks for your input . I'll try it before putting it on production.
  12. S

newbie: ASRockRack IPMI / Remote Control : trigger boot menu from bmc KVM using F11?

Motherboard Asrock Rack X470D4U uses F11 key to trigger boot menu on star . F11 on web browsers is used to get the window on full screen. How to get the way through F11 key when trying to trigger the boot menu from the browser? Thanks
  13. S

Well, it was just play which ram on which socket . The manual doesn't helped here . RAM speed is running @ 3200 MHZ.
  14. S

Hi * . The board is running fine so far . What puzzles me it that I saw on bios it was running @ 2666 MHZ and now is @ 2400 MHZ . RAM is supposed to run @3200 MHZ but it doesn't . dmidecode lists : Handle 0x001A, DMI type 17, 84 bytes Memory Device Array Handle: 0x000F Error...
  15. S

Newbie, first post : X470D4U no video output (on installed video card)

Rand__ , thanks for your input . Happens the guy that assemble this "server" was not that picky to get the memory modules on their correct place . The *real guy* chimed in minutes ago, and video (over the onboard VGA port )AND ipmi are working happily ... Sorry for the bandwith waste .
  16. S

Newbie, first post : X470D4U no video output (on installed video card)

Hi *. This is my first "server motherboard" ever . BMC version is 1.90.00 and "ROM" (bios?) version is 3.30 As I cannot figure how install an OS using IPMI, the first thought was install a video card . But there is no video signal still ... HELP ! Thanks