Search results

1. A

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

Info share from Supermicro Pinout for power distribution board PDB-PT418-B6824
  2. A

im not sure.... most likely it doesn't show because you're not changing the frequency of each DIMM - you're just changing the number of channels the memory controller on each daughterboard uses to communicate with the CPU. if you are in 2:1 mode and you are confident the BIOS settings are being...
  3. A

how are you measuring the aforementioned impact? benchmarks?
  4. A

hi, your physical slot configuration seems correct. lockstep (a.k.a 1:1 mode) will HALVE your memory speed, not double it. what you want is independent (a.k.a. 2:1) mode. the option to do this should be located under your chipset settings > memory configuration > VMSE lockstep mode
  5. A

[WTB] Retail Xeon E7 8880 V4

Anyone have retail Xeon E7-8880 V4 (NOT ES) they want to sell at a reasonable price? I am aware that ebay has some already but they're pretty expensive and it's out of stock everywhere else so I'm hoping someone might have a good offer. I'm open to any offers.
  6. A

that sounds horrible :( i hope that is fixable would it be a good idea to run with memory mirroring and rank sparing to see whether it's a ram issue?
  7. A

UPDATE: it's the CPUs. somehow. scratching my previous posts about Q vs. non Q variants. @NablaSquaredG you were right. you actually can mix them. I put in 4x E7 4820 V2s and it instantly worked. Prior to this, I was running 4x 8880 v3 with MEM1 Rev. 1.01 boards and it was working fine with...
  8. A

This has since been worked through. but im keeping this for archive purposes. Update: I just did an entire full day of rebooting and I have managed to barely get 4 memboards with all channels populated, with random mixing of Q and non-Q RAMs. However, I am still concerned about the stability...
  9. A

yes, I already increased DIMM count gradually. For 4 memboards, it works completely fine with DIMMA and DIMMB but as soon as I put anything in DIMMC it complains. Swapped memory boards too. Here's the thing: the training failure/VMSE failures are ALWAYS at DIMMC of one or multiple boards. So...
  10. A

it seems i pre-emptively answered your questions a few minutes ago! im using the very latest BIOS and redfish IPMI firmware P.S. yes, I am absolutely sure none of the new 64GB sticks are faulty. im running on all 24 of them in Ubuntu right now. the problem is just the DIMMC DIMMD thing
  11. A

the seller claims that Q variants just mean they're made elsewhere. it's so weird. i tried with minimal DIMMA1, DIMMB1 with all Q variants and it works. but as soon as i put anything in DIMMC1 or DIMMD1 it errors when it POSTs. I've tried with and without CMOS reset so BIOS settings shouldn't...
  12. A

This has since been worked through and this information is no longer accurate. but im keeping this for archive purposes. [resource] RE: 64GB DDR3 DIMMs and mixing of RAM. I just upgraded to 24 x 64GB = 1536GB ram. Unfortunately, the process was not smooth. The official Supermicro...
  13. A

slightly related: if you have V3 (haswell) cpus, you could potentially do the 4-way EFI hack to get full-speed all-core turbo. haven't tried it though but im interested to see whether someone has done that before on the x10qbi.
  14. A

Supermicro X10QBi Hangs when trying to enter Setup (Solved)

how are your sensor readings? esp. CMOS battery voltage - the bios "forgetfulness" sounds very pertinent. if they're fine, are you sure both your graphics cards are all working? are you using the official supermicro PCI-E power cables for ur RTX4000? maybe it's a problem with the PCI-E system...
  15. A

EU (CLOSED) Giving away broken EMC SX6012 (ES)

those kinds of people most likely aren't serious about it and aren't worth your time. dont let it get to you mate
  16. A

Apologies in advance that this isn't a solution, but I would like to comment that the correct behaviour of the machine with video card installed is as follows: 1. BIOS VGA setting changed by user 2. Reboot and post, initialisation using previous settings - it should seem like the change has not...
  17. A

AU WTB 1TB or 2TB of DDR3 RAM for x10qbi in 32 or 64GB sticks

Hi, description says it all. Strongly prefer ones compatible with Supermicro x10qbi. Located in Sydney, Australia. My inbox is open. thanks