Search results

1. jaymemaurice

C6100 - Performing power action failed. Please check The feature connector cables.

I have 4 like this... about to make them into a coffee table...
  2. jaymemaurice

DELL C6100 node failure

I just wanted to point out, of my 4 original c6100 sleds, the final one is refusing to power on. I secretly check back at these forums in hopes that someone finds out what's killing them. Perhaps I should try and replace what looks to have caught fire on yours...
  3. jaymemaurice

Intel i350 NIC and SR-IOV in ESXi5.5

I too encountered this. The igb driver in Linux supports SR-IOV and the driver itself is ported to ESXi... but the SR-IOV bits are not ported :( The parameter in the linux module is max_vfs which is not in the parameters list of the igb driver. There are allusions to it in the vmkload_mod -s...
  4. jaymemaurice

DELL C6100 node failure

I've now had 3 of the original 4 D61XPs that came in my c6100 do this exact behavior. I'm pretty confident the last one is a short time out... Anyone have any experience with the K20HR ? what's the difference??
  5. jaymemaurice

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 - GXX41 failed nodes

Also, does anyone have a good supplier for spares?
  6. jaymemaurice

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 - GXX41 failed nodes

I have had two of the four nodes in my C6100 just randomly fail after almost a year of happy computing. They now just simply no longer power on... nothing interesting in the IPMI event log. Just dead. The first one powered itself off last month. The second one failed last night.. Anyone else...
  7. jaymemaurice

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Anyone know a good supplier for a new used motherboard?
  8. jaymemaurice

So I disconnect the PS_ON from the interposer to motherboard cable and grounded on the interposer - no change. Actually come to think of it, it was a silly idea since I remember now the hard drives for that node spun up so the issue must be elsewhere on the board or interposer. It clearly has...
  9. jaymemaurice

Hey guys. Long time lurker here. I have a node in my lab that just powered itself off and will not power back on - the BMC heartbeat light flashes, the IPMI SEL has nothing meaningful. The power light on the front panel never comes on. The power button on the front panel, back of the node, and...