Search results

1. L

Looking For RAID 1 Enclosure

My Esteemed Colleagues, I need your recommendation on a RAID 1 - USB 2.0 / eSATA / Firewire 2-drive enclosure, capable of 2 - 2T drives. I do NOT need NAS capabilities. I would like to add my own drives versus a retail unit with drives. What I have been using is RAIDON GR3630-2S-SB2+ (USB...
  2. L

MediaserverX01 (WHS)

One quick update about the fans... Due to the fact that the Tyan motherboard does not do "Wake-on-LAN"; currently I have the server on a 4 hour wake timer from 18:00 to 22:00. It has been on that cycle since the first post. Yesterday is the first time that I remoted into the server, since...
  3. L

MediaserverX01 (WHS)

Hey Guys, So sorry for the delay; I've been away from the boards for a while after my former employer decided to reduce the headcount. Give me few more days and I will try to answer the questions. Cabling parts (connectors, wiring, sheathing, shrink-tubing, pins, pin crimping tool)...
  4. L

MediaserverX01 (WHS)

Patrick, thanks for the kind remarks. In regards to the cables, I couldn't find what I wanted for the fan splitter cables, so I built these. 2 into 1 for the rear exhaust fans and 3 into 1 for the fan wall: When I did the research into this build, someone had built a custom power cable...
  5. L

MediaserverX01 (WHS)

Build’s Name:………………………………....…….....MediaserverX01 Operating System/ Storage Platform:…WHS v1 CPU:……………………………………....…………….......Intel i3-2100T (Sandy Bridge) CPU...
  6. L

Tyan S5512WGM2NR does NOT support WOL

FYI…The Tyan S5512WGM2NR does NOT support WOL (Wake-on-LAN). This is a deal breaker for me. I built a Norco 4220 around this motherboard and WHS v.1…software installed, started loading data, putting the final tweaks to it…when I encountered this. While the board the supports S3...
  7. L

Does the Tyan S5512WGM2NR pass SMART data?

PERFECT! Thanks. With HDSentinel it does report the information. I'm disappointed that Home Server SMART doesn't report it, because then I would be able to see it from the WHS console on the clients versus to remote into the server. But hey, at least I can tell my chosen cooling selection...
  8. L

Does the Tyan S5512WGM2NR pass SMART data?

My fellow S5512 users… Okay. I plead Uncle (only because I can’t figure this out). Does the Tyan S5512WGM2NR pass SMART data? If so how? My configuration: Norco 4220 Tyan S5512WGM2NR with firmware v.1.03 and with i3-2100T 2 - Hitachi 2.5” 7K500 drives running RAID 1 through the motherboard...
  9. L

IBM M1015 Firmware - What to flash with

I just got mine with a BIOS upgrade to the Tyan motherboard.
  10. L

Tyan S5512WGM2NR: No m1015 WebBIOS?

It’s been a long evening…but I digress, The fix in my situation is a BIOS upgrade to the motherboard. Please see the fixes for v.1.03: I don’t go willingly into a BIOS flash, but as the LSI 9240-4i is the brother (or sister?) to the LSI 9240-8i (and my IBM m1015), I went there with...
  11. L

IBM M1015 Firmware - What to flash with

I posted at about the same time over on the Motherboard thread, with the same problem…I want to know too.
  12. L

Tyan S5512WGM2NR: No m1015 WebBIOS?

Tyan S5512WGM2NR: No m1015 WebBIOS? - SOLVED As stated, Tyan S5512WGM2NR with the IBM m1015 card (new MB; fleabay card; I’ve got 4; tried all 4). When booting, I get into the LSI MegaRAID BIOS screen and press Ctrl-H for the WebBIOS. Quickly, a line appears “WebBIOS will be executed after...
  13. L

What is IT-mode?

Thanks guys!
  14. L

What is IT-mode?

Yea, a real noob question. But I’d like someone to explain why the IBM M1015 cards are being flashed to that. I don’t understand what IT-mode is (or isn’t). Background: I’m building slowly. Norco 4220, Tyan S5512WGM2NR. Going to run WHS v1 with duplication. The decision the...
  15. L

Tyan S5512WGM2NR can’t use Hitachi’s DFT?

I’m building… Tyan S5512WGM2NR inside a Norco 4220. And I thought that I would test the drives with Hitachi’s Drive Fitness Test (DFT) before use (7K500-250 2.5†for the O.S.). I’m individually plugging them into a SATA port on the board and trying to run DFT. But DFT does not see...
  16. L

Recommendation for non-RAID, JBOD PCIe card supporting 3TB drives

Also see this thread about the AOC-SAS-MV8 and 3T drives: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1324649