Search results

1. U

Q670 with vPRO NAS Board!

Looks to be a Chinese manufacturer? Changwang
  2. U

I can't solve the problem 528 to 512

There was also a case in another post where the OP had to zero the drive / use the drives' erase command before it would accept the change in blocksize, else it you get the same illegal operation error. Could be something to look into.
  3. U

New switch that works with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP

You may have this backwards. Unless your SFP transceivers are special (IE, 80km SM super long distance expensive ones) then SFPs are a dime a dozen, especially 1gb ones. Much better to look at what specs you need in a switch (port count, features, reliability and updates, etc) and just buy new...
  4. U

2x SSDPE2ME012T4 - Intel DC P3600 1.2TB Multi-Level Cell PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe U.2 $70 each

the Card does work in an x8 slot - While it looks to use 16 lanes, I have been using it successfully in an x8 slot. I cannot really advise on pricing - I got mine for free. But Since it does not need PCIe bifurcation, I think it would be at least 80+. On the other hand, the reviews for these...
  5. U

2x SSDPE2ME012T4 - Intel DC P3600 1.2TB Multi-Level Cell PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe U.2 $70 each

That looks like a Sonnet Dual U.2 Adapter - I have one in a server; It has a built in switch chip on the card, no need for MB bifurcation. It is a Long card however - Takes up the full slot in my R7910.
  6. U

What should I ask when selling this?

You would be surprised what will sell; There are homelabbers who use all vintages. I still have some ddr3 systems alive and working, because where I am power is cheap and I have the space and a purpose, but not the spare income to upgrade yet. Also, posting on places like...
  7. U

I cannot comment on the first three, but right now DDR4 is going for a bit less than what you listed; I have seen 1usd/gig for 2133 Registered, a bit more for higher speeds. 30euro sounds a bit high though. I think giving the users a choice of which CPU to combine in the deal, and selling the...
  8. U

No problem - The instructions can be confusing. From my understanding and from what I have seen on this site, If you have multiple items for sale (Either multiples of the same item, OR a variety of different items) then they would all fall under the same post. Generally, as people reach out...
  9. U

FS: EdgeCore AGR 100 / AS5912-54X-48V-F $2200 or OBO

Maybe I missed it - did you list a price?
  10. U

Supermicro 4u 846 with SAS3 Backplane

What is your Zip? Often there may be a forum member who lives nearby, and willing to do a cash deal. Shipping a 4U 24bay would be freight, and pricy.
  11. U

Favorite recycled "enterprise" mini-tower?

I have had pretty good luck with the T5820/T7920 Precision Workstations. They have some quirks (Like if you change any internal component or swap the front NVME drives, it will go through several restarts before the system comes back up, as it detects and recognizes the new configuration)...
  12. U

Another big life change

Having stuff Disappear during a move is frustrating, and especially with a moving company involved can leave you doubting yourself. "Did I pack that thing? or did it fail to be delivered, IE, "lost"? " I feel that moving with something where you can label and count the boxes, and in some way...
  13. U

Another big life change

Ah, another tip is to include a UID on each box, that you mark that it left the old house, and that it arrived at the new house and is inside. easy to tell if boxes are missing, especially if you are using a third party moving service. You can even denote the location the box came from, and...
  14. U

Another big life change

Moving is always a massive project - and you are technically moving twice, both your home and Business!! Hopefully everything goes smooth Patrick!
  15. U

Amazon: Samsung Pro Plus Micro SD 512GB - $34.99

I think with a TMM type case, you would run into two main issues: heat and PCIe bandwidth. There are servers that can do that many lanes for sure, but I do not know of any ARM based ones that can, and nothing that also uses a ITX or even medium size mb - they all are pretty large server boards...
  16. U

That would be pretty cool. There was that RasPi compute blade server that made the rounds on youtube awhile back - something like that combined with a distributed backplane for m.2 drives (lets say 2 drives per SBC blade) and you could have a wicked hot swap server. especially if the blade...
  17. U

Basically, if you have a device that writes often to the card, and does not do so sequentially (such as a root device for a RasPi, or other higher intensity usecases) a card like the swissbit uses a better form of memory, called pSLC - this can withstand many more write/erase cycles compared to...
  18. U

Dual Port Network Card for Dell Optiplex 9020

No problem at all. I had to do those same searches, when the card I had (Some older broadcom quad port) did not work with the machine I had. I will say this: Go for more ports than you think you need. if you think you need a single port, get a dual; If you think you need a dual, probably...
  19. U

Dual Port Network Card for Dell Optiplex 9020

I would pick up a Intel NIC, a i350-t2v2 or i350-T4. They seem to be supported about as well as you can find in linux, they work well with proxmox, they have advanced features for virtualization, and they should work in your optiplex. I use one in a Wyze 5070, which is quite restrictive in what...
  20. U

Consumer PCIe Gen4 M.2 vs Enterprise U.2

I have used both in desktops (A PBlaze5 U.2 Enterprise drive and a NVME 983 drive(?) Samsung) and I could not notice any significant difference in performance. The biggest plus for Enterprise drives is durability. Enterprise drives are often measured in DWPD (Daily Full Drive writes per day)...