Search results

1. N

ESXi Box with FreeNas VM with 2 Physical Systems attached to ESXI/FreeNAS VM, possible?

As the title states, I have a system with ESXi that has 2 physical NICs, and a FreeNAS VM inside. Currently, I have one physical system connected via port 1 on the ESXI systems NIC, I can successfully connect to both the ESXi management network and the FreeNAS VM on said machine. I would like to...
  2. N

SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F - OCuLink U.2 NVME Issues

Hi, I have a SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F, I am trying to get an NVME (MyDigitalSSD 480GB BPX Pro) drive to work with ESXI 6.5, or even show up in the BIOS for that matter. The drive is connected through the OCuLink port via the correct U.2 cable connected to a StarTech U2M2E125 M.2 to U.2...
  3. N

SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F

Why would SuperMicro put the OCUlink port in such a place, when they know a PCIe card might be going there :/. So now I cant fit the system with an NVME drive. Any workarounds… Maybe a right angle adapter?
  4. N

SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F

Hi, I would like to know how to manually set fan curves if possible. My PWM fans don't run at a high enough RPM, if possible I would like them to match the CPU FAN RPM. I really hope this is possible. Also, i am not sure which connectors I should be using on the motherboard, FAN1 is CPU, so FAN2...
  5. N

HDD Setup

Hi, I have 8x14TB drives, they get about 210MB/s R/W. What setup should I be going with if I am looking for maximum speed? I will be running TrueNas, thanks in advance.
  6. N

Please delete

Was just looking at the power connector for the two HDD bays on the SilverStone CS381, is it a PCIe connector or something else :/?
  7. N

10GB read speeds, not so great write speeds

I have two systems, each with an Intel x540 T2 10GB NIC: System 1: X1900 (AMD Threadripper) 32GB RAM RAMDisk (for testing purposes) Windows 10 System 2: I9 7900x (Intel) 32GB RAM RAMDisk (for testing purposes) Windows 10 I have set Jumbo frames along with the rest of the usual things to...
  8. N

IPMI

Can i use an IPMI port as a normal 1GB LAN connector? I have an SuperMicro x11SDV. Thanks in advance.