Search results

1. N

ESXi Box with FreeNas VM with 2 Physical Systems attached to ESXI/FreeNAS VM, possible?

This is the FreeNas VM currently, setup for the first machine, and works fine, connected to port1 on the ESXi box's NIC, which is VMNIC0 under ESXI. Now i need to sort the seconds machine out, which connects to the ESXI box on port 2 - VMNIC1?
  2. N

ESXi Box with FreeNas VM with 2 Physical Systems attached to ESXI/FreeNAS VM, possible?

I just want the second machine (VMNIC1) to be able to connect to FreeNAS, like the first machine already can on VMNIC0. I currently have it all wired up, no settings in ESXi have been changed as of yet.
  3. N

As the title states, I have a system with ESXi that has 2 physical NICs, and a FreeNAS VM inside. Currently, I have one physical system connected via port 1 on the ESXI systems NIC, I can successfully connect to both the ESXi management network and the FreeNAS VM on said machine. I would like to...
  4. N

SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F - OCuLink U.2 NVME Issues

Hi, I have a SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F, I am trying to get an NVME (MyDigitalSSD 480GB BPX Pro) drive to work with ESXI 6.5, or even show up in the BIOS for that matter. The drive is connected through the OCuLink port via the correct U.2 cable connected to a StarTech U2M2E125 M.2 to U.2...
  5. N

SuperMicro X11SDV-12C-TLN2F

Yes that's correct, i have 8 drives unfortunately.
  6. N

I don't think I'd get on too well with a heat gun haha. I found a few options anyhow, just contacted an EU 'Authorized Partner' to see if they can grab me one for cheaper than the below link. Thanks for the suggestion though. Options: 1. OCuLink SFF-8611 Right Angle Male to OCuLink SFF-8611...
  7. N

FYI, I am male, and was complimenting the female brain. With that said, I know everyone's very easily offended nowadays, even to compliments :/.
  8. N

Whats the point, may aswell just buy the rip off right angle adapter cable from SuperMicro, i allready have a HBA. I wonder if any females had an input in the design of the board, i doubt it haha. I'm sure they would have put a right angle connector on the mobo.
  9. N

Why would SuperMicro put the OCUlink port in such a place, when they know a PCIe card might be going there :/. So now I cant fit the system with an NVME drive. Any workarounds… Maybe a right angle adapter?
  10. N

Hi, I would like to know how to manually set fan curves if possible. My PWM fans don't run at a high enough RPM, if possible I would like them to match the CPU FAN RPM. I really hope this is possible. Also, i am not sure which connectors I should be using on the motherboard, FAN1 is CPU, so FAN2...
  11. N

10GB read speeds, not so great write speeds

Got it sorted now, the problem was that I had to add 'tso lro' into the options field of the NIC. Beautiful. I also have it running in ESXi ;). Runs perfect.
  12. N

HDD Setup

Got it sorted now, the problem was that I had to add 'tso lro' into the options field of the NIC. Beautiful. I also have it running in ESXi ;). Runs perfect.
  13. N

HDD Setup

What are a SLOG drives use cases?
  14. N

HDD Setup

This machine is being used for backing up mainly (Mostly large files, and some small), might throw a VM or two on there. Only a single user.
  15. N

HDD Setup

Hi, I have 8x14TB drives, they get about 210MB/s R/W. What setup should I be going with if I am looking for maximum speed? I will be running TrueNas, thanks in advance.
  16. N

Please delete

Was just looking at the power connector for the two HDD bays on the SilverStone CS381, is it a PCIe connector or something else :/?
  17. N

10GB read speeds, not so great write speeds

SSD's will do that haha. Now where can i buy 100TB for a minimal price. Knowhere haha.