Search results

1. S

Switch Model Selection Advice

Please tell me more, I had no idea this was an option! Thanks for giving me another to consider. Do you happen to know if the Juniper platform has a similar process to the Brocade switches in terms of unlocking the licensing on surplus gear? I have been really happy with the guide provided to...
  2. S

Thanks! Might I ask where you found it $300 less than the QNAP?
  3. S

Please give me some examples! - At least 16 ports 2.5G, with PoE++ available on all ports - At least one SFP+ port - Managed - Rack mount mandatory - noise do not care in the least - power comsumption do not care in the least Thanks!
  4. S

Greetings all! I am expanding my home lab/network and I have already employed a Brocade 6610 thanks to the guide here. I am very happy with it! However, I find it lacking in 2.5GbE support, and I have added a few devices that can support it. In addition the need for 2.5, I also need the...
  5. S

Are there any SFP+ adapters to connect 2.5 GBe RJ45?

Ever get a chance to test this? I am tempted to order one with as cheap as it is.
  6. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Is anyone aware of a 2.5gbe switch that also has an sfp port (preferably on the rear of the chassis)? It looks like Trendnet made one at one time, but it is since EOL and essentially unobtanium. I have a 6610 with a breakout cable (4 sfp) in the back and I would like to add a 2.5gbe switch to my...
  7. S

Hello all! I am trying to fully reset a 6610 to factory defaults and clear out any references to a stack member, but even after doing so, I still get this: ICX6610-48P Router#sh run Current configuration: ! ver 08.0.30uT7f3 ! stack unit 1 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module...
  8. S

Thanks, I wondered until I looked more carefully at it. I think I am good now. Thanks again for helping me with this!
  9. S

Thanks again, still getting an error though. I run these commands on unit 1, correct? telnet@ICX6610-1#conf t telnet@ICX6610-1(config)#stack unit 1 telnet@ICX6610-1(config-unit-1)#stack-trunk 1/2/6 to 2/2/7 Error! 2/2/7 is not in unit 1. telnet@ICX6610-1(config-unit-1)#
  10. S

Thank you, fohdeesha! stack unit 1 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module priority 128 stack-port 1/2/1 1/2/6 stack unit 2 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module module 2...
  11. S

I am trying to stack my two 6610s, and I have followed the docs, but I am obviously missing something. Where did I go wrong and how do I correct it?
  12. S

EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you! To confirm, if the listing mentions a PREMIUM license, that means that X1-4 are 10GbE enabled?
  13. S

I actually have read his instructions and followed them to update my 6610, so I am definitely thankful for that. I did establish a serial connection to configure it. For example, I was having a PoE issue where a device was not being powered. I didn't realize that apparently after the firmware...
  14. S

Thanks, but that really didn't answer all of my questions... What are the various licenses and how do I differentiate between them? Do the SFP ports on the front and rear conflict with one another? i.e. does copper port 1 become inactive if X1 is used? Do the front and rear interfaces come up...
  15. S

Hey everyone! Just got my 6610 into my rack and have things mostly reconnected. I followed the update guide and things went well. I have a few newbish questions: 1. How do I find out what license(s) this device has, and how do I upgrade if the front ports are not enabled? 2. On the front SFP...
  16. S

I ordered the DAC breakout I linked above today. I hope it works!
  17. S

As far as a breakout cable goes to connect my ESXI and pfSense boxes (each one has 2 SFP ports), would this work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/40Gb-QSFP-to-4x-10Gb-SFP-DAC-Breakout-Cable-1-5-Meters-1-5M-30-AWG/174163215738?hash=item288cefc57a:g:Z98AAOSwt69eJgaf I found this one as well. I assume...
  18. S

Remember there is a big difference between device 49 and device 96. I just maxed out my old 48 port switch, and need just a few more ports, particularly PoE. I didn't see the value in buying a 24 port switch as a second unit - just to be safe. So if I were to buy a total of 4 fiber...
  19. S

Thank you, exactly the concise info I needed. Appreciate it!
  20. S

Thank you, that does help. In terms of how to physically achieve that, what hardware and cables would I use? How do you prefer to make your rack device connections? I am leaning towards using two of the 40 ports to stack so I maximize future 10gbps for devices in the future. I think 80 is plenty...