Search results

1. N

FS: Intel E5-2648Lv3 12c/24t

Tossed a E5-2678v3 in my home server and no longer need this processor. Processor has been running great for me for my home lab for many years now. 12c/24t 1.8 base 2.5 turbo Picture Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2648L v3 (30M Cache, 1.80 GHz) Product Specifications $65 shipped in the US...
  2. N

Dedicated pfSense/firewall hardware solution for mid/late 2018?

What is everyone using for dedicated firewall solution these days? I was previously using a Zotac CI323 running ESXi with a pfSense VM on it until lightening from the tropical storm took out both my cable modem and the interface I was using for my WAN port in one shot. While I liked the ESXi...
  3. N

New Innodisk 64GB SATADOM $30 shipped OBO

NEW 64GB SATADOM 3ME SATA 6Gb/s 280 MB/s Read MLC DESSL-64GD07RCADC | eBay This seems like a good deal if you are looking for a moderate sized SATADOM. I am hoping I could use one to replace my single SSD I use as my local datastore that boots my Napp-it VM?
  4. N

FS: Asrock Q1900-ATX J1900 Celeron (4) SATA

After jumping head first into the deep end known as the Xeon E5-2648Lv3 build, I have my left over E3 v3 setup ready for sale. I purchased the SM board and Xeon 1230v3 new from Newegg. Always used in a smoke free home. All items used. FOR SALE: Asrock Q1900-ITX barely used (used for pfSense...
  5. N

Supermicro X10SRH-CLN4F 2.0 BIOS to fix boot Mellanox problem?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have the plain jane version 2.0 BIOS for this board? I am attempting to use a Mellanox ConnectX-2 10Gb NIC with this board I bought and it is hanging during POST. A search of the Supermicro site mentioned a problem with the ConnectX-3 and they...
  6. N

FS/T: Lenovo TS140 Xeon E3-1225v3 20GB ECC 500GB

Location: Pensacola, FL Condition: Used eBay feedback: namike Heatware: namike Payment: Paypal Shipping: US only I bought this server just to mess around with it. I had thoughts of building an ESXi cluster (with my Supermicro E3 box), but decided if I ever do that I'll go the nested route. I...
  7. N

USB thumb drive datastore + built in Intel Lynx Point AHCI Controller + VT-d = successful AIO

I always feel like such a leach on this forum, so I wanted to do some testing to give back to the STH community. As hinted at a possibility in a few other threads, this past weekend I sat down and successfully created a napp-it-one AIO with using a USB thumb drive for my datastore to house my...
  8. N

Seagate 4TB NAS HDD ST4000VN000 $119

Looks like Newegg and Amazon have put the 4TB Seagate NAS drives on sale for $119. I'm running two of these drives in a ZFS mirror without issue. Thinking of picking up another pair to either Z2 or run a two way mirror (I think that is the right term :D ) Seagate NAS HDD ST4000VN000 4TB 64MB...
  9. N

Lenovo TS140 Xeon E3-1225 v3 Linux Bench Beta - Stock Config

Here are my LB beta results from my fresh out of the box bone stock Lenovo ThinkServer TS140. Intel Xeon E3-1225 v3 4C/4T 4GB ECC 500GB HDD Ref Link: 47281440785807