Search results

1. N

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

It looks like you are missing the gateway for your sub-interface? This is my working config on my M90q with Proxmox. root@pve1:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface eno2 inet manual auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet manual bridge-ports eno2 bridge-stp...
  2. N

Thanks zer0sum! That is the exact memory I have coming tomorrow from Amazon....I'll confirm on my gen1 box if it works, as I suspect it will.
  3. N

Did you figure out what was keeping your 2x32GB sticks to work? I just bought a M90q and ordered 2x32GB 3200mhz DDR4 SO-DIMMs (TEAMGROUP T-CREATE) from Amazon. Mine refuses to boot with both 32GB sticks in. Either 32GB stick in DIMM1 by itself boots fine. Either 32GB in DIMM1 + stock 8GB...
  4. N

FS: Intel E5-2648Lv3 12c/24t

Tossed a E5-2678v3 in my home server and no longer need this processor. Processor has been running great for me for my home lab for many years now. 12c/24t 1.8 base 2.5 turbo Picture Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2648L v3 (30M Cache, 1.80 GHz) Product Specifications $65 shipped in the US...
  5. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

USPS finally showed up this afternoon (Monday). Pop'd the card in my Win10 workstation and updated the FW. Shutdown my ESXi box and loaded ESXi 7 to a new thumbdrive. The ConnectX-3 is being detected right out of the box.
  6. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I'm going to be testing later today, waiting on USPS to show up with my card. Edit: Actually tomorrow now as USPS tagged on another day.
  7. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I just bought one to give it a try. I'll post my results once I get it in the mail.
  8. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I can confirm I cannot get my Mellanox ConnectX-2 to work in vSphere 7.0 PN: MNPA19-XTR Device ID: 26448 FW Ver: 2.9.1200 Looks like I'm on the hunt for a ConnectX-3 for 10Gb via DAC?
  9. N

Dedicated pfSense/firewall hardware solution for mid/late 2018?

@nthu9280 I actually remember reading a little bit on those threads about those boxes. Cool idea. The only thing I might get stuck with is the built in realtek NIC for the WAN side of pfsense, unless I threw a 2-4 port copper card in the PCIe slot and didn't worry about uplinking back via...
  10. N

Dedicated pfSense/firewall hardware solution for mid/late 2018?

What is everyone using for dedicated firewall solution these days? I was previously using a Zotac CI323 running ESXi with a pfSense VM on it until lightening from the tropical storm took out both my cable modem and the interface I was using for my WAN port in one shot. While I liked the ESXi...
  11. N

Vlan default gateway setup / vMotion

You most definitely should be able to setup a L2 only (non-routed) vMotion VLAN between your two hosts located on different switches. Running them L3 to your Sophos box just complicates things further, and depending on your uplinks/switch speed, could slow things down.
  12. N

Windows licenses from Ebay

I bought a Windows 10 Pro key for my new Asrock Deskmini PC and it was delivered within minutes. I went into a fresh Win 10 Pro install and hit change key with the key provided and it activated without issue. GENUINE WINDOWS 10 PRO 32 / 64BIT OEM ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY- SCRAP PC | eBay A...
  13. N

Firewall Selection 2G WAN (40G/10G/1G LAN)

How is the provider handing off the circuit to you? Are they providing you with your own CPE equipment? Since 2G speed is not super wide spread, I would assume they will giving you some type of router/FW to terminate the circuit into?
  14. N

OpenVPN for Windows to pfSense - route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry

Sat Mar 25 07:07:49 2017 Warning: address 192.168.1.1 is not a network address in relation to netmask 255.255.252.0 Your mask (/22) does not match the given network (192.168.1.1). Given that netmask, your network would be 192.168.0.0/22 with a range of 192.168.0.0-192.168.3.254. I assume a...
  15. N

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

Juniper will throw an alarm if the out of band management interface is not cabled. root> show chassis alarms 1 alarms currently active Alarm time Class Description 2016-01-20 07:17:13 UTC Major Management Ethernet Link Down {master:0}
  16. N

Juniper ex3300 with pfsense

Can you screenshot us your routing table from the ex3300 (show route) and also on the PFsense box? I don't understand from PFSense why it cannot ping 30.2, because that is a directly connected network.
  17. N

They need to add the static routes on the PFSense box because their 172 networks are not directly connected, and thus not in the routing table on the PFSense box. If his VLANs/subnets were all interfaces/subinterfaces directly off the PFSense box (Router on a Stick), then they wouldn't need any...
  18. N

Agreed you should have static routes on our PFSense box pointing back to your "transit" network and the next hop should be the Juniper's IP address.
  19. N

New Innodisk 64GB SATADOM $30 shipped OBO

I didn't end up winning any (the last 3 sold while I had in my best offer). I probably should stick to a SuperMicro one so I don't need the extra cable with my SuperMicro X10SRH-CLN4F board.
  20. N

New Innodisk 64GB SATADOM $30 shipped OBO

NEW 64GB SATADOM 3ME SATA 6Gb/s 280 MB/s Read MLC DESSL-64GD07RCADC | eBay This seems like a good deal if you are looking for a moderate sized SATADOM. I am hoping I could use one to replace my single SSD I use as my local datastore that boots my Napp-it VM?