Search results

1. T

How to build a real NAS with the windows OS (headless)?

I've been building these storage boxes for a while now, but what I really want to try next is a windows based NAS. Meaning, I use a regular motherboard, and all those regular parts, but somehow, I can connect it to another pc using a REGULAR usb cable (ideally usb3.2). And the NAS shows up...
  2. T

9202-16e, PCI errors in device manager

I have a 9202-16e, which has capacity for 16 disks, and technically shows up as two 9202-8 devices to computers. It's a windows machine, and I see that I have like 6 PCI and Unknown Device errors (yellow exclamation) in the Device Manager. And given that only one 9202 device shows up properly...
  3. T

Disks on HBA often disconnect. Can't tell why.

I have a server with two HBA's on it. supermicro old x10sat, running windows server 2019. On an Asrock motherboard. I have a typical 9207-8i for 8 drives. It works perfectly. I also have a 9206-16e, which is the problem. It has those 4 big cables coming off of it into a separate storage box...
  4. T

IT mode - removing "boot services"

Hi everyone, new here... I've been dabbling with this sort of thing for a few years now. When I got my first m1015, I flashed IT mode, and have been using it for years now. However, a long time ago, I noticed that the boot time is crazy long, like 30m or more. I know it has to do with the...