Search results

1. C

Trying to Flash H710P Mini D1

Tried again with a H710 mini B0 in a R620 and wound up at the same place. I cleaned the card in FreeDOS Reboot Flash the card in Linux Reboot Try to set the SAS address in Linux Should I perhaps be trying to do this in UEFI opposed to BIOS? I've been sticking to BIOS but might give UEFI a go...
  2. C

Trying to Flash H710P Mini D1

Following this guide to flash the H710P D1 in my R720XD https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc/ When I get to setting the SAS address I receive the following error user@debian:~$ sudo su - root@debian:~# setsas 5b083fe0cXXXXXX LSI Corporation SAS2 Flash Utility Version 20.00.00.00 (2014.09.18)...
  3. C

AOC-S3008L-L8e / ESX troubles

I just spun up a new esx host and having some issues getting an HBA detected to enable passthrough. I have a AOC-S3008L-L8e flashed to it mode however it does not show in ESX. I installed the VIBs trying to get it to work. lsi-mr3 Broadcom Native MegaRAID SAS driver for vmkernel...
  4. C

Poor network performance after jumping to Fiber

Sorry It took me a minute to get back to this. On the host running a live CD I am able to see 800 down and 125 up. I believe the upload limit might be limited by the boot media. I'm going to get a spare SSD with linux on it to test again. I don't believe there is going to be an issue with the...
  5. C

Another discovery I was using the CLI tool for speedtest.net, I couldn’t find an iperf server to target that was capable of gigabit transfers. I recently switched to SpeedTest++ after stumbling upon it in another post Testing download speed (32) ..... Download: 1003.14 Mbit/s Testing upload...
  6. C

This should clear up some of the confusion. https://github.com/uchagani/pfatt Physically the ONT from ATT connects to port 0 of my pfsense NIC. Port 1 is connected to the LAN switch Port 2 is connected to the ATT Router they provide which is required for the 802.1X authentication. The LAN...
  7. C

Hello All, I recently jumped to symmetrical gig fiber and am having issues with my guest vm’s getting very subpar network performance. My setup is pfsense router running latest version (whitebox) 6600K, 16GB RAM, Intel 82576 NIC. vmware host running 7.0 Xeon D-1541, 64GB ram, Intel x552 and...