Search results

1. P

i226-V stability under opnsense/pfsense?

I'm looking at getting one of the many 4x 2.5 gb units that have been reviewed recently, but I also saw [1] reports of possible problems with the NIC they all use. Those of you who've used these units with opnsense or pfsense, have the 2.5gb connections been stable? [1] Intel Shares Stopgap...
  2. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

8095g seems to fix this bug and I haven't found other breakage yet. (I tried 09 series a while back, ran into weirdness with multicast & host-to-host neighbor discovery, and it didn't *seem* to be fixed by going back to 8095, but 8090 did. But now 8095 is working. I don't know anymore...)
  3. P

ICX 7250 / 08.0.90k / IPv6 neighbor discovery roaming I have it configured as an L3 switch (ve interfaces, static routes). There are two access points plugged into different ports, both serving the same SSID/VLAN. When a device roams from one AP to the other, the switch updates its MAC table...
  4. P

In case anyone else has been struggling to get ssh public key auth working on the 09 release, I did some digging and here's what I found: First of all, the documented bit is that they changed the command from (conf mode) "ip ssh pub-key-file tftp 192.168.1.8 public.key" to (exec mode) "copy...
  5. P

Do any of the ICX series support VEPA/hairpin switching/802.1Qbg? I'm guessing "no" given no mention of it in the manual, but maybe there's a hidden option? It's a simple enough change I'd hope newer firmware could support it.
  6. P

The originals are 28mm deep; both replacements I've tried are 20mm deep. Doubling up is an interesting idea, would need a bit more wiring though. For now I'm going to try faster/louder fans in the hope that they'll be powerful enough on low.
  7. P

Well I feel silly now. Thank you, a couple minutes after reading your comment I now have two pigtails that do exactly the swap needed.
  8. P

Ended up mounting my ICX7250-24P with a CyberPower 4POSTRAIL kit. A bit overkill, but definitely no sag, and it's close enough to 1U to fit in right below a shelf. No width issues, which I was concerned about with some other shelves. Now I'm onto fan woes. Tried the Noctua, but it couldn't keep...
  9. P

Do you have any examples of universal ears that have sufficient space to drill custom holes? I couldn't find anything that didn't have a bunch of holes that partially overlapped where I'd need them.
  10. P

Any 2020 updates to the rack ear situation? I just got a 7250-24P without any mounting hardware. Does it use the same brackets as the 6610 and others? Has anyone successfully 3d printed or machined something, or found a universal option that works? Seems like all the authentic ones are at least...