Search results

1. S

Bridging Network Interfaces with SR-IOV on a Proxmox Host

Well, it's not something that I NEED in my homelab either, but hey. I'm a techy guy who enjoys messing with hardware. It's a "because I can" situation. After messing with things a little more, I was able to notice that I get another 500-700mbit increase in bandwidth using sr-iov over bridge when...
  2. S

Point 2: I can create the bridge on either PF or VF without issue, although I have not actually tried to add the bridged interface to a vm. I'll try that tonight. Point 3: This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thank you for providing me with some clarity. Got a sff pc I'm setting up as a...
  3. S

It's been a learning curve, but I have managed to enable SR-IOV on my Proxmox Host using a dual port Mellanox Connectx-3 Pro. When you enable SR-IOV on these cards, you end up having a PF for each port enp1s0, enp1s0d1 respectively and then the mlx4_core driver also creates the VFs as Port1...
  4. S

Topton 4x Intel i226-V 2.5G N5105 with opnsense allway's on 2GHZ

You wouldn't happen to have a link?
  5. S

Topton J4125 enough for proxmox (opnsense+Home assistant)?

I do think this is a good idea. I am in the process of doing this exact thing with the 5105 model. I plan on running a couple of other vms on it as well. Although I have 16g ram and 512g nvme in it. Maybe we can keep in touch and exchange notes?
  6. S

SM part found: SM pcie riser internal pcie slot - (Should card just hang free?)

Any update on this? This is exactly what I need.