Search results

1. M

Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!)

Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!) Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!) | eBay Looks like a good deal to me. Two 24 port PoE switches with two 10G SFP+ and easy HDMI stacking for $150. I got a couple on the way. Does anyone know...
  2. M

Why I love ZFS and Napp-It

Just a note to the reliability and survivability of ZFS and the great tool Napp-It that sits on top. TL;DR... ZFS was recoverable even after 7 out of 16 drives had been kicked out of my array due to overheating. In my garage at home I have several servers and disk shelves and other gear...
  3. M

SuperComputing 2016

Thought I'd start a thread to see if any STH'ers are going to be at SuperComputing 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT. I haven't been to an SC show in a long time and looking forward to revisiting the expo. Anyone know of things to not miss while there, both the show and SLC?
  4. M

Using ZFS with 'SMR' drives

I know these type of drives are primarily for cold-storage use, and really not intended for use in a RAID set (at least not one that does not know how to address SMR drives). At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Seagate haters, I'd like to know if anyone has used two or more of this type...
  5. M

TOSHIBA 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (NewEgg)

This looks like a pretty good deal for 4TB internal.....(sorry, forgot the price in the title) $140 (or lower with codes) TOSHIBA PH3400U-1I72 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache Serial ATA 3.0 (SATA) 3.5" Desktop Internal Hard Drive
  6. M

SAMSUNG D3 Station 4TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive STSHX-D401TDB $99

NewEgg deal on eBay. Not sure how long it lasts or what drive is inside the enclosure, by not a bad price even for a desktop backup drive. Samsung D3 Station 4TB USB 3 0 3 5" Desktop External Hard Drive STSHX D401TDB BL | eBay
  7. M

A case like the Silverstone DS380 but MicroATX?

I have built a decent ESX/ZFS-Napp-it box with the Silverstone DS380 and I like the case. A MicroATX case with 8+ SATA/SAS hot swap bays would give a lot of flexibility for adding HBA's and 10G Enet. Anyone seen something like this for a decent price...like $200 or less? Even a nice looking...
  8. M

No frills 5-bay HDD carrier

Didn't want to post this in the 'Deals' section, since it has been this price since I started getting them a year or so ago..... "Computer Storage Norco 5 x 3.5" HDD Hard Drives SSD Cage with 120mm Cooling Fan, buy one get one free!" I have bought a half dozen of these drive chassis and they...