Search results

1. B

[FS] Nvidia Tesla P100 GPU's - Another Price Drop - EDITED!

I don't really like water-cooling. I plan to have something like this. As long as the fan can supply above the required airflow (i.e., minimum CFM), it should be okay. That Noctua NF-A9 PWM can supply 46.44 CFM. After I get time to access the R760xa (currently occupied by A100 PCIe and H100...
  2. B

Sam is awesome; I just received the P100 today and everything goes smoothly. He packaged it safely with a lot of bubble wrap and an ESD bag. Thank you Sam for helping with my PhD research. This is for testing only without any heavy tasks. I will add the fan shroud and Noctua fan at the...
  3. B

I am interested if you are willing to sell one. This is for my PhD research, and I need to collect some profiling data on older GPUs (P100 and V100) as a comparison with A100/H100. If you have V100, I would also be interested as well.
  4. B

[WTB][USA-TX] SFF-8643 Internal HD MiniSAS to 4 x SATA cables, SFF-8644 External HD MiniSAS to SFF-8644 External HD MiniSAS cables

I am not sure, but from what eBay has, I am looking for $10/cable for SFF-8644 to SFF-8644 and $7/cable for SFF-8643 to 4x SATA. This one has SFF-8644 to SFF-8644 1 meter cable for $15, new: External Mini-SAS HD Cable Assemblies SFF-8644 to SFF-8644 30AWG 1-5 Meters | eBay This one has...
  5. B

[WTB][USA-TX] SFF-8643 Internal HD MiniSAS to 4 x SATA cables, SFF-8644 External HD MiniSAS to SFF-8644 External HD MiniSAS cables

Hi there, Just in case you have some SAS cables lying around, I would love to buy them. I am looking for a really good deal to expand my storage in my home lab. Cable Name Length Qty SFF-8643 Internal HD MiniSAS to 4x SATA Cables 1 meter (3.3ft) 12 SFF-8644 External HD MiniSAS to...
  6. B

Adaptec ASR-71605 Staggered Spin-Up Not Working

Interesting, so the staggered spin-up will rely on the power pin 11, which should be controlled by the backplane which I don't have. I thought that the drives will use PUIS and then the controller will wake them up one by one. Thanks for your reply. My current workaround is to enable the...
  7. B

Adaptec ASR-71605 Staggered Spin-Up Not Working

Hi there, I have 32 Seagate EXOS X18 16TB SATA Drives and 2 Adaptec ASR-71605 on my homemade NAS server. All HDDs are running the newest firmware SN04 and connected directly to the 71605 using SFF-8643 to SATA cables (no backplane). Both ASR 71605 are in their newest firmware and set to HBA...
  8. B

FS - [USA-TX] 6 x 16TB Seagate EXOS SATA HDD, Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 with NF-A15 Chromax and Heatsink Cover

Hi all, I am parting out the drives of my NAS due to a canceled research project :(. These are shucked drives and they have been extensively tested prior to shucking (Write+Read test using HDD Sentinel) from Seagate 16TB Expansion Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (STEB16000400). They are...
  9. B

[SOLD] [FS] [US-TX] Open Box ASUS WS C621e SAGE with Dual Xeon Platinum 8153 ES CPUs Bundle

Dear STH Community, I change my mind to build a workstation computer and will move to a more reasonable build for a graduate student. For this Motherboard and Dual Xeon CPU Bundle with RDIMM Memory as a bonus, I am asking for $900 with free shipping using Priority Mail across the US. Timestamp...
  10. B

Updated: 01-23-23 -NVMe SSDs!

I am currently looking for 12 x 32GB or 12 x 16GB RDIMM DDR4 at 2666 or 2933 MHz. Do you have a good offer on that? I have a pretty tight budget to build my own machine for Ph.D. Research. Thanks.
  11. B

FS: Intel Xeon LGA2011 CPU and ES LGA3647

Interested in buying two QMGA CPUs. Could you send me the physical picture of it? EDIT: Do you still have the QMAD CPUs?
  12. B

FS - ES/QS Xeon Processors

Are the Xeon Platinum 8170 still available?
  13. B

[Discussion] Just Bought ASUS C621e SAGE Motherboard for $25 and now I am confused

Hi 68k-dude, Yes, I have that plan as well. I think, at first I will just populate single socket with an adequate number of DIMMs. Since most of my research is using GPUs instead of CPU, I think I will not spend more in CPUs. In the future, if I need more CPU power, I may add the second one...
  14. B

[Discussion] Just Bought ASUS C621e SAGE Motherboard for $25 and now I am confused

Hi Kneelbeforezod, You are right, I need to test it out first to make sure it is working. Maybe, in the meantime I will buy the cheapest Xeon and a stick of RDIMM to see it is working properly before buying more hardware. I will try more research into cheap Xeon CPUs and cheap RDIMM this...
  15. B

Dear community, I am planning to build a new workstation PC for my research in Grad School and looking for TRX40 or X570 motherboard (I have not yet decided between two). Since my budget is tight, I am trying to look used peripheral on eBay when suddenly one of the listings draws my attention...