Search results

1. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

I have a RCC-VE 8860 (SG-8860) with a 250GB msata drive that I'm currently running pfsense 2.3.2 on. I was a sophos utm user on a 1037u mini pc before I switched to this hardware. I've been really unhappy with my content filtering options on pfsense so I'm looking for other router/firewall os...
  2. M

Used drives to avoid?

So I currently have 6x1TB drives in raidz2 in my freenas box. I'm running desperately low on free space and need to expand my storage. I can either replace the 1TB drives with bigger drives (at least 4TB drives, this is the better more expensive option). Or, the other option that I've been...
  3. M

Best Value SAS Expander Chassis?

I'm looking for a SAS expander chassis and trying to keep it reasonable while still hold 14+ drives (so it can accomodate a zpool with 2x7 drive raidz3 striped vdevs). I spotted the Dell J23 on ebay for really cheap but it has no trays and the cheapest trays I've been able to find that might fit...
  4. M

Hitachi Deskstar 4tb @ woot.com $99.99

Hitachi GST Deskstar 4TB Internal SATA HD
  5. M

Is the C6100 still worth it?

A bit of background before my main question: My home lab currently consists of a Dell PowerEdge 2950 Gen III with Dual L5420's and 16GB RAM. It has an 8x2.5" backplane connected to a PERC 6/i that is occupied with 4x73GB 10k rpm SAS drives in RAID5 (where the esxi machine files and OS system...