1. M

8 Core - 8x3.5" & 4x2.5" NAS or ? Low Power Virtual

How much for the system without drives? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

Nope, 115200 all the way through. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  3. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

Mine shows just over 300 reserved. Good to know that I can rob some from the pbx if needed though. Might push my DC to a full 2GB and leave a little extra for the host. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  4. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

Thanks. I should be able to do it. 4GB for the UTM, 1.5GB for PDC, and 2GB for the FreePBX. Leaves 320MB for the host itself since the installed ram is actually 8000MB instead of a full 8GB. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  5. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

Update: I got a mini pcie to pcie x1 riser that I installed a gt240 that I had laying around. Obviously not a good setup for 3d gaming but more than enough to handle graphical installers. Successfully installed Sophos UTM Home to the bare metal but decided that 8 cores and 8GB of ram was a bit...
  6. M

PLZ Delete

Someone should pick this up. It's hard to beat this kind of density in 2u of rack space. You may need to adjust expectations based on what similar systems are selling for though: SUPERMICRO 6026TT-BTRF W/ 4 BAREBONE NODES X8DTT-F 827-14 W/ RAILS Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  7. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

The netgate kb has install guides for centos, debian, ubuntu, esxi, and a few others. I've tried adapting the fixes for those os's to other *nix os's with mixed results. I can almost always get the boot to redirect, but once it hands off to the installer, it's hit or miss. Sent from my...
  8. M

RCC-VE 8860 OS options

I have a RCC-VE 8860 (SG-8860) with a 250GB msata drive that I'm currently running pfsense 2.3.2 on. I was a sophos utm user on a 1037u mini pc before I switched to this hardware. I've been really unhappy with my content filtering options on pfsense so I'm looking for other router/firewall os...
  9. M

PLZ Delete

I have the non hot swap version of this. Same gen hardware. It's loud. I run the fans in "quiet" mode and put the chassis in a sound deadening cabinet (XRackPro 4u) and it's bearable now. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  10. M

5x dell R710 Dual quadcore CPU 48GB RAM

Ok. I'm really interested in the L5630 unit with 3.5" trays. Here's the deciding factor for me: is there anywhere internal to add 1 or 2 additional drives? 2.5 or 3.5 is fine and they don't need to be connected to the raid, straight sata to the mb is fine.
  11. M

Are these single or dual processor equipped?
  12. M

How much to ship to 95820?
  13. M

FS: Spring Cleaning - Server Gear

What zip are you shipping from?
  14. M

Sas question sas expendar

Connect the current spinners to the expander and the ssd directly to the raid card. The spinning disks won't hit the bandwidth limit.
  15. M

Dell C6100

Not sure if there's anything like it for the c6100 but for my SM 6026tt (supermicro c6100 equivalent) I use ipmiview. It's a nice little piece of software that makes management of my nodes a lot easier and less cumbersome since I'm not reliant on a web browser and dated java plugins (and all of...
  16. M

Monitoring?

PRTG free is now 100 sensors. You can custom write sensors to monitor everything on a system with 1 sensor.
  17. M

Supermicro X8dtt-f-sg007

X8dtt-f is listed with 56xx support.
  18. M

SuperMicro 6016TT-IBQF - $399

Ah, my mistake, I misread.
  19. M

SuperMicro 6016TT-IBQF - $399

48GB per host is very practical. It has 12 slots x 4GB DIMMS = 48GB.