Search results

1. A

ODROID-H3 and ODROID-H3+ offer Intel Jasper Lake 2.5GbE Development Boards

Got my H3+ in the mail today. Unfortunately the heat sink was detached from the board. Seems like a they soldered brass standoffs to the board and then tried to screw in the heat sink screws. Can't imagine how a thin layer of solder would withstand any torque whatsoever. Assuming that...
  2. A

TinyMiniMicro firewall edition

You must've bought that M920q in the "Before Times", because I looked the other day and couldn't find it or anything similar for less that ~$650, used.
  3. A

Very short or custom SAS 8087 cables

Not 4", but close at 6" : Dell PN W49P5
  4. A

PoE Camera - ESD Protection

Probably low chance of anything happening, especially from a camera. I have a outdoor wifi AP that's fairly high (slightly above roof top), so I use one just in case. For the 15 bucks or so that a decent inline surge protector costs, I figured it was worth it. If I had to do 8+ cameras that...
  5. A

PoE Camera - ESD Protection

Plug one side into the camera side, the other into the switch and make sure the green wire is grounded well?
  6. A

In search of a unicorn's blood: Control several machines with just one keyboard and mouse

Maybe mouse without borders? : Mouse Without Borders Setup/User Guide, Tips, Tricks and FAQs I'm using it for only 2 computers but it works quite brilliantly.
  7. A

Used Areohive AP370 for use at home

I have an Aerohive switch around here somewhere. I used their free tier not to long ago to set it up. You don't get all the features, but you get the basics, which may be enough. It used to be called "connect" for the free one vs "select" for the paid tier. I believe they changed the name...
  8. A

Need a recommendation on mATX board/cpu for pfsense and vpn

Cool, literally :) What case and PSU do you have that in? Is it rackmount or standard? I would guess a standalone (small) case, right?
  9. A

Awesome - looking at ebay, it seems about ~$100 for that board which isn't too bad. It's $200 for a full 1U server for that MB. I'll have to ponder which way makes more sense. Did you find a PSU that fits it correctly? I had a flex atx PSU laying around, but it's not an exact fit. Close...
  10. A

Hi all, I picked up one one of these on a whim and after i got it and took a look at it, I think I'm going to try and turn it into pfsense box (with vpn as well). It takes a micro ATX MB, and the one i had lying around here won't post, so I'm looking for a new combo. Requirements are: 1Gbs...
  11. A

looking for suggestion regarding 40Gbit home networking

I'm interested to hear answers 1 and 2. For 3 - as long as you get OM3 or better and stay within distance limits (100m for OM3), you can do 100G without a cable change.
  12. A

IBM 9111-520 firmware

The table of contents (upper left) has all the links you should need... for example : IBM Knowledge Center
  13. A

IBM 9111-520 firmware

Here ya go: Power5 list of all FW levels and a link to infocenter on how to install. I didn't read through it all, so let me know if you get stuck and I'll try to help.
  14. A

IBM 9111-520 firmware

They aren't released for every integer. 150 is one level above 145. So 150 would be the next. There is a method to the numbering, but I can't remember what it was. From a quick glance at the site, it seems that they have every release on there. except for maybe the last one or two ...
  15. A

IBM 9111-520 firmware

IIRC, there were some that required intermediate firmware levels, but I'm pretty hazy on remembering it exactly. I would just go through every one or every other one, just to be safe.
  16. A

IBM 9111-520 firmware

Ah, right. Sorry I used to work for IBM (design engineer on power5 through power8). It was open download for IBM intranet id. Try this link and see if it works and has what you need : Index of /ibmdl/pub/software/server/firmware
  17. A

IBM 9111-520 firmware

You couldn't get it from fixcentral? They should have all the FW releases listed there for download.