Search results

1. T

Beware of fake ConnectX-3 Pro (MCX312B-XCCT) from eBay

Checked 2 of mine, both PCBs are straight. Both are from ebay. Return it or ask for refund/replace, maybe the seller is honest
  2. T

At least we can download the original firmware, directly from the manufacturer's website and flash it. This should minimize this risk.
  3. T

HP H240 HBA hangs on 0.00% when erasing drives

Checked and confirmed that for all types H240 adapter the firmware download file is the same. I'm still waiting for the battery and cable. When I receive them will test and write again if the problem is gone.
  4. T

My real Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro is finally here. I disassembled it and found that thermal paste is old and the chip clearly states ConnectX-3 Pro. The number is almost invisible, my camera is poor and was unable to catch it. Another specific thing - rubber feet that keep heatsink away from the...
  5. T

There are (at least) 3 types of H240s - H240, H240nr and H240ar. First is the famous PCIe PCB we all know, while the others look like this: I will check to confirm if there are different firmware update files for these.
  6. T

I did not find an article describing connection of a battery to H240. Anyway, I will order one and try if it will make any difference. Most interesting is why the connector is that big, and why it is for a Ni-Cd battery and not for a SuperCap. H240 is newer than P420 as far as I know, and P420s...
  7. T

I know what are for batteries and supercaps and what you say makes sense, but for a real RAID controller which has write cache. H240 is a HBA, which means RAID functionality is just nice to have. It has no support for cache module according to this and this. HPE QuickSpecs also do not say...
  8. T

It could be it sends these commands. Not sure, never dug that deep. In my case looks like it doesn't start to erase the drives. That was my question about - if somebody has seen this before to advise about a workaround, or SSA version to change to, etc...
  9. T

Mine is the same, but from an ebay seller. I will share more when I check it. Delivery will take some time.
  10. T

Not happy to see this, but we shall accept the facts... My replacement will take longer to come and I expect it will be fake too. I ordered a HP-branded Connectx-3 Pro from another seller (in Germany :) ). When I get it will update you about the differences.
  11. T

Tried with Windows 10, it boots OK.
  12. T

Hello, I have a problem with HP H240 in HBA mode. It is installed in a HP ML310 G8 server. When I boot to Intelligent provisioning -> Maintenance -> SSA controller is recognized , drives shown too. But when I try to erase a drive (or several drives, it doesn't matter) it says that erasing is...
  13. T

I contacted them too. They promised a replacement, but it will take some time. You may get yours earlier. Let's hope that we will get lucky this time. And if RzTen1 share picture of his chip we can compare.
  14. T

I hit the same issue - bought this one off eBay: MCX312B-XCCT MELLANOX CX312B ConnectX-3 Pro En 10GbE Ethernet Adapter Full Prof. Seller's name is nhlfy411. Firmware that is flashed on my card is the same 2.40.7000 as in FelixK's case. Flash chip is reported as M25PXxx with JEDEC ID 0x157120...