Search results

1. kroem

EU WTB: RAM for SM X9-line

Looking for some 16GB sticks for a X9SRL build. 4-6 sticks. Cheapo, please. Shipping to Sweden.
  2. kroem

EU [WTB] 16 port HBA

So, I pulled the trigger on a new mobo to move from narrow-ILM and will lose some pci-slots. So, need a 16 port HBA instead of my two 8 port ones now. SFF8087 would be preferred since I have those cables but if you have a card + cables I'd be interested. Shipping to Sweden!
  3. kroem

SM X9DRI-LN4F+ IPMI BMC file "stuck". "Exist IMA File on BMC"

So I have a problem with getting an ISO mounted over IPMI on my X9-board. As soon as I open the Virtual Media menu via the Java console there is a message that "Exist IMA File on BMC", unplugging and plug in does not work. I have tired a reset of IPMI/iKVM, upgrade of the firmware and multiple...
  4. kroem

EU [WTB] Cheapo 10G/40G cards (a pair, with cable(s)).

Anyone willing to part with a pair of cheapo 10G cards? Cant seems to find any _real cheap_ off fleabay atm. Would like to use some for ceph cluster traffic. I'm located in Sweden, so EU preferred...
  5. kroem

OpenNebula - anyone using?

A friend pointed out his company might be moving to OpenNebula from Xen - and it got me curious - it looks pretty slick. Anyone using it for your home-play-lab? :) I'm running Proxmox today, I have 4 nodes, but no clustering.
  6. kroem

Inter-VLAN routing Proxmox

Anyone routing intra VLANs on Proxmox? Right now I'm doing all my routing in the firewall, but seems kinda silly. OVS is a totally new area for me, so I'd really like to see some working configuration.
  7. kroem

Proxmox ZFS RAM reservation/config

Fiddeling with my Proxmox host and I'm not really "happy" with the amount of RAM ZFS is using. I'm hoping that it would eat up much more by default - and I think I remember it did before(on other platforms?). The default setting is to limit ZFS to 50% of the RAM available, but the min size is...
  8. kroem

ASRock Rack D1520D4I memory support?

So I order this board and am looking at what memory to get. The memory QVL on the ASRock site is really limited (and only lists REG ECC?), so was woindering if anyone have tried this board and know if it's picky or not when it comes to modules? Naturally I'd like to get sticks from the list...
  9. kroem

Supermicro A1SAi-2750F IPMI och showing CPU temp (all of a sudden!?)

So, new problem with my Atom board, yey. Since about 2 weeks my IPMI readings are ony giving me CPU temp. No other values are available (via IPMIview, snmp etc). Anyone have any idea what it could be, or seen something like this before? BIOS and IPMI version should be the latest. (I have...
  10. kroem

A1SAI-C2750 - SATA drives not present on boot after I plug in Intel X520-DA2

I have a strange issue where my server will boot directly into UEFI when I plug in a 10G NIC (X520). The boot drive (SATA0) is just not present in BIOS or anything. If I live boot into like gparted it's there (I'm guessing because it does a full scan of attached devices, maybe?) If I unplug the...
  11. kroem

Ceph right for my needs? (Keeping a in sync backup on remote location...) (pve-zync vs ceph?)

(This turned out to be a long thread start...sorry...) Im redoing my servers at home and looking to maybe redo the storage too. Today I run ESXi on two hosts and run like periodic backups to external storage, because I never really found a way to do it properly. (VMs backup via Unitrends). ...
  12. kroem

M5016 not showing up after power outage. How to restore?

So, I had a power outage last week and suddenly my M5016 wont boot/show (?). I can see it "there" (at least kinda) in ESXi, but MegaCLI/Storcli do not see it. Did it die on me? Can I try and reflash it? Any help would be appreciated...! ~ # lspci | grep LSI 0000:01:00.0 Mass storage...
  13. kroem

SSH tunnels crippeling slow under OmniOS? scp/rsync

Ive run into some issues when trying to get backuppc running as a backup solution. Rsync from my nappit host is reaaaally slow (4MB/s ish). I confirmed via scp that its the ssh tunnel messing up the transfer... Anyone else have the same issues, or can help to solve it? So im trying rsync from...
  14. kroem

Anyone used a freight forwarder from London, UK > Rest of Europe?

(Not sure what forum to put this in but...) So, I think I "could" score a good deal on a small server cab - but they will only accept local pickup or arrange own shipping. Was wondering if anyone shipped large packages/pallets via a freigh forwarded and could recommend any company? I'm...
  15. kroem

Running Plex in a zone under OmniOS (Performance Penalty?)

I have been tinkering with the idea of moving from Napp-it inside ESXi to bare metal - but since I want to utilize the E5 I have in this box for Plex transcoding I wondering if anyone tried running Debian/Plex inside OmniOS? I really have not tried zones/containers at all, so have no experience.
  16. kroem

EU Potentially cheap JBOD/Storage chassis (for us EU ppl...)

Found these while lurking da net. Since we have a limited stock of SM storage chassis available here, this could be interesting maybe? Chenbro(?) 1*AMD Opteron QuadCore 2,4 Ghz;8 GB RAM;incl IPMI Karte SM: 19 Zoll SuperMicro SC 933T-R7 Server/ NAS Gehäuse; 15*S-ATA 19 Zoll Server/ NAS Gehäuse...
  17. kroem

EU Intel DC S3500 300GB Typ SSDSC2BB300G4 | 88EUR

Seems like a fair enough price... at least in EU :) Ops, forgot the link... Intel DC S3500 300GB Typ SSDSC2BB300G4 = bis zu 6.0 GB/Sek
  18. kroem

3ware 9750-4i to work with ESXI5.5u2? (Flash it?)

I have a "spare" 9750c ard that I though to utilize in an ESXI host - sadly it seems the card is only supported up until ESXI4.0 :( Anyone got this working, or know if I can flash the card to say... a LSI 92xx-4i? :)
  19. kroem

WTB: 4U chassi with 10+ 3,5" hotswap capability + rails. Shipping to Sweden...

So, turns out I need to look for a new chassi. My rails do not work with my rack, for this chassi... Supermicro 24 bay, willing to ship to Sweden? Alternatively, rails for a x-case rm-400...
  20. kroem

SUN F20 FLASH ACCELERATOR

Ok guys, I have been BO'ing and trying to get shipping resolved for a few days now, and at LAAAST 3 of the cards are on the way to ME :) So, now I can let you in on the deal.... BO accepted at $60, shipping 12.90 flat. Sun Oracle 96GB PCI E F20 SAS Flash Accelerator RAID HBA 541 3731 ZFS ZIL...