Search results

1. kroem

Supermicro BIOS & IPMI Listing (including older versions)

I always get so confused by SM BIOS updates... Anyone know what the latest BIOS+IPMI for X9DRD is?
  2. kroem

Dell Poweredge R730 & Rack 7910 Riser GPU power pinout question

Hehe ok, sounds like a good idea not to tinker too much myself. The p40 cards can with a cable splitter, so I guess I should be able to use the normal "N08NH 9H6FV" cable to that?
  3. kroem

EU [FS] servers, HDD, SSD, RAM, CPU

Bought 3 servers and everything arrives extremely well packaged! Everyone is happy except for significant other about the livingroom turning into a DC for a bit ;)
  4. kroem

Dell Poweredge R730 & Rack 7910 Riser GPU power pinout question

I'm totally confused. I have a R720 that I wanna run a P40 in, or two maybe. I wont be able to use a normal CPU 8-pin EPS12v cable from some modular PSU? I've hooked it up, PSU is showing amber so I guess something is wrong - might be some limitation, but I might also have the wrong cable :)
  5. kroem

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Anyone run a consumer GPU like 3090 in these?
  6. kroem

Cool thanks. Any issues / preference in the community re the IPMI? If it's better/worse for Huawei?
  7. kroem

This still one of the best EU deals for a 12xLFF server? Really only looking for a chassis, but they be damn cheap...
  8. kroem

A reseller like GoHardDrive or ServerPartDeals in EU?

Bump! I'm in need of updating my storage at home, need like 10ish spinners and som SSDs. We're should I be looking? :)
  9. kroem

HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

Is there a 16 port version of this card?
  10. kroem

EU WTB: RAM for SM X9-line

Ok, need to figure out it those will work... Will pm
  11. kroem

EU WTB: RAM for SM X9-line

Looking for some 16GB sticks for a X9SRL build. 4-6 sticks. Cheapo, please. Shipping to Sweden.
  12. kroem

EU GPU Deep Learning Server 8xV100 SMX2

Can I run Fortnite on this? Does it shred?
  13. kroem

EU [WTB] 16 port HBA

So, I pulled the trigger on a new mobo to move from narrow-ILM and will lose some pci-slots. So, need a 16 port HBA instead of my two 8 port ones now. SFF8087 would be preferred since I have those cables but if you have a card + cables I'd be interested. Shipping to Sweden!
  14. kroem

PMC PCA-00364-03-C NVRAM accelerator

Ok, nice. So you need the card + external cap? (If I wanna use this as say... ZIL)
  15. kroem

PMC PCA-00364-03-C NVRAM accelerator

Hmm. What's the purpose of that card? Is that a 8GB module onboard?
  16. kroem

SM X9DRI-LN4F+ IPMI BMC file "stuck". "Exist IMA File on BMC"

I never found a solution :| Had to use a USB-stick.
  17. kroem

SM X9DRI-LN4F+ IPMI BMC file "stuck". "Exist IMA File on BMC"

So I have a problem with getting an ISO mounted over IPMI on my X9-board. As soon as I open the Virtual Media menu via the Java console there is a message that "Exist IMA File on BMC", unplugging and plug in does not work. I have tired a reset of IPMI/iKVM, upgrade of the firmware and multiple...
  18. kroem

EXPIRED 100 Gbps Ethernet switch - $1000 - new

Well... that is 10x the BW...
  19. kroem

Need a little hand holding on Proxmox VE backup strategies.

I do: 1) tar -> backup of /etc/pve and some other stuffz each night and just dump that on a "backup zvol" 2) pve's native backup tool to backup VM/LXC's like 2 times a week to the "backup zvol" 3) znapzend snapshots locally of all the pools. Snapshots are kept locally and sent to a local zpool...
  20. kroem

EU [WTB] Cheapo 10G/40G cards (a pair, with cable(s)).

Anyone willing to part with a pair of cheapo 10G cards? Cant seems to find any _real cheap_ off fleabay atm. Would like to use some for ceph cluster traffic. I'm located in Sweden, so EU preferred...