Search results

1. A

My Mini Project, even more do nothing VMs (WIP)

Revised the loaded power consumption for the HP 705 G4. I originally reported 44W but its actually 65W. I knew I was off but not by that much. In any case still better than the others. One of the problems I was having was system instability with Ubuntu Desktop which is why I went to Debian...
  2. A

My Mini Project, even more do nothing VMs (WIP)

Build’s Name: vhostx Operating System: Debian Stable CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE Motherboard: HP? Chassis: HP EliteDesk Mini Drives: 256GB M.2 + 500GB Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD (extended with LVM) RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz Usage Profile: Individual student access to a system supporting...
  3. A

Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F build/Proxmox. Do nothing VMs for everyone

@JBrickley thanks for your kind words and idea on the model with the direct CPU cooling. If I had to do it over again or in the future, I will look into that. My make-shift solution seems to be holding up just fine and the systems, in general, have been great. I really like Proxmox and now that...
  4. A

Since I am new to the forum I was not sure if it would be cool to make the real-life connection. Here's our website, not really kept up to date, unfortunately: Computer Technologies Program Students can use whatever computer they have at home. We give them IPSec VPN access via our Netgate...
  5. A

Build’s Name: Yala, Mera, Kala Operating System: Proxmox CPU: AMD EPYC 3251 Motherboard: Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F build Chassis: NZXT H210 mini-itx Drives: Toshiba 1TB NVMe M.2 80mm RAM: 64GB DDR4 ECC Power Supply: Various Other Bits: High-end wire ties suspending direct CPU cooling fan New to...