Search results

1. V

Making my 40 Gbit Ethernet redundant, need switch recommendation

I have a 4-node Supermicro cluster running Windows Server 2019 with Storage Spaces Direct. This is connected through a single Mellanox SX6012. Each node has a SIOM module with a QSFP+ NIC, cappable of 100 Gbit, plus an additional Mellanox ConnectX 3 NIC. I will be adding a second 4-node...
  2. V

Uneven data and traffic distribution among servers in an S2D cluster

I have a 4-node S2D cluster running on Windows Server 2019. It's a HCI setup, used to run several developer VMs. There's a single S2D volume made of 12 x 1.9 TB Samsung NVMe U2 drives, 4 per each node. Node are connected via an isolated 56 Gbit network, using Mellanox hardware, and connected...
  3. V

EU [FS] Sale of excess ThinkPad T470, docks, desktop PCs

I'm selling a bunch of excess laptops and desktops. Shipping from Czech Republic, preferably to EU countries. You will get an invoice for each item. Buyers from Czech Republic would have to factor in VAT. Payment ideally by a bank transfer (SEPA) in EUR. Alternatively, I can do PayPal but this...
  4. V

Switching seems not working on Mellanox SX6012

I have an SX6012 (MLNX OS) and starting to be desperate to get it up and working. The switch seems not to switch at all — which is, frankly, quite an issue with a switch :D The desired setup is as follows: I have a 4-node Supermicro server, each with a ConnectX-4 in a SIOM slot, plus a...
  5. V

Samsung PM983 1.92TB U.2 for $250

Just got 16 of these NVMe U.2 drives. Stated as "open box", so I think it's a fair price in comparison to a brand new product. They should arrive in a couple days, so I will post the actual state then...
  6. V

EU FS: Adaptec ASR-7805Q with maxCache 3.0

Selling a used RAID card Adaptec 7805Q. Yes, this is the version with the maxCache 3.0 feature. Capacitor included; no cables. Can post BIOS screens when I get to the office. EUR 120 150 OBO + shipping from Czech Republic. Payment to Revolut account
  7. V

Public FTP with various Supermicro BIOS and firmware

Found this on google: ftp://ftp.abacus.cz/support/FW/MB/SUPERMICRO/ — a huge archive of historical BIOS and IPMI firmware versions for various Supermicro boards. Abacus is a Supermicro distributor in Czech Republic. HTH.
  8. V

What switch for ConnectX-4 100 Gbit SIOMs?

I am building a four-node hyperconverged infrastructure cluster based on Windows Server 2019 with Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) and Hyper-V. I have this Supermicro X11 system in place, supporting 24 NVMe disks: SYS-2029BT-HNR. This machine has four nodes, each equipped with a SIOM module...