Search results

1. C

m1015 - feature key, firmware, and SED troubles

Ebay seller was super cool and tracked down and tested a replacement for compatibility with the m1000(poto was probably right about the OEM thing), and shipped it out to me(next day air, no less) along with letting me keep the old one(probably going to get the 9211it firmware and get used with...
  2. C

Hm, interesting. I'm contacting the ebay seller now to see what they have to say on the matter. It does have raid5 unlocked out of the box, which would support your idea. I'm not sure what IBM's policy on this sort of thing is contact wise, but it might be a moot point; from where I'm sitting...
  3. C

New m1000 key just arrived, still sealed in its original IBM packaging. Looks like my old one was toast from the get go, that's the price you pay for buying used kit from china I guess... Anyway I tried to install it, and its actually recognizing it as a feature key! ...however its thinking its...
  4. C

So my m5015+m5000 combo has some kind of weird issue, I guess it doesn't like something in my desktop rig(I made another thread about it), and I'm not even using the write cache(it seems to exacerbate the problem). I do have it working with the SED's correctly, and lsi safestore is properly...
  5. C

M5015 - Keep IBM firmware or flash to LSI 9260?

If you flash the SBR over to the LSI one, does the card still want IBM feature keys, or does it then require LSI branded ones? I ask, as the LSI ones are far more expensive...
  6. C

m5015 dropping drives+MSM hogging cpu

In case anyone else ever runs into this issue, and because nobody bothered to respond; the card was faulty. I secured a replacement and everything works fine, and MSM no longer hogs one of my cores.
  7. C

m5015 dropping drives+MSM hogging cpu

I've picked up an m5015 off ebay along with adv feature key(for safestore), and its giving me some grief. I've got 4x seagate 3tb drives(ST3000NM0043) hooked up in raid 10, which were all working fine on a m1015 prior to this, and for reasons that escape me the controller is randomly failing all...
  8. C

So basically I gave up, and bought an m5015+m5000(with bbu). I would have preferred a true lsi 9260-8i, but the price markup was just too extreme vs going with a branded model. All in all, it only ended up costing me $67 more than a new m1015+m1000 would have. At least with this card, safestore...
  9. C

After doing some digging, it appears that the lsi 9240-8i does not support SED functionality under any configuration(software license, feature key, or otherwise), whilst supporting raid5/50 out of the box. However all of the IBM documentation for both the m1015 and the m1000 clearly state that...
  10. C

As I mentioned, I've been using the original firmware. I have no need for an HBA(thus ruling out IT mode), and IR mode delivered extremely lackluster performance vs m1015 mode. The issue I'm having is my card refuses to accept my feature key without erroring out and failing to post properly, yet...
  11. C

Thanks for the reply, however I'm not running raid5 in my current setup, nor am I intending to do so on the ESXI machine. I've got 4 3tb sas(nearline) SEDs hooked up in raid10 presently. The ESXI machine has 8 proper(non-nearline, 15krpm) 72gb sas drives also setup in raid10, however it doesn't...
  12. C

Anyone? Not even a confirmation on whether an m1015+m1000 will successfully integrate with SEDs(IBM redbooks says it should)? Like I said, my ESXI box needs a new raid card, and I was considering an m1015 for the job, Id be perfectly open to giving up on fixing this and just buying a whole new...
  13. C

About 18 months ago I picked up an m1015 based on one of the articles here speaking rather highly of them(and I've used several other serveraid cards in the past with good results), along with 4 3tb sata drives with the intent of setting them up in raid10. The article on crossflashing suggested...