Search results

1. P

Unifi has wifi 6 now! How cheaply can I get it into my house?

It works. Me saying that it's junk is based on the ~$12/month it costs. me replacing the router is to reduce that cost while the Unifi is to add better more expandable wifi. And since Unifi has a docker I think that the debate of what router to get is the most impact-full difference, currently...
  2. P

Unifi has wifi 6 now! How cheaply can I get it into my house?

To preface, the networking noob I am didn't know that you didn't need a dream machine/cloud key to use Unifi WAPs so..... I have one of those junk Xfinity routers because at the time we needed the VoIP, but the contract is ending soon, so I'm going to switch VoIP providers and finally have the...
  3. P

LAN optical drives via Unraid?

I am soon to build my first dedicated NAS and I feel as if Unraid is my best bet as I would have the ability to upgrade the array over time as at the moment I need more of the 24/7 aspects rather than the raw capacity and the old dell pc I will be using has an optical drive and I was wondering...
  4. P

Synology/integrated box or DIY for simple plex NAS

that plex estimate calculator has some sad news for my 980 unless I use it for a virtual machine once I get my desktop to have a RTX 3k card, but do you think that I could possibly save some hassle and just buy a disk shelf and a still mostly together server and run an ethernet cable to my...
  5. P

Synology/integrated box or DIY for simple plex NAS

I'm starting to feel the need to get a NAS in my home but my budget is tight. I've been looking around and from the feel of it, there are two hard to solve problems I have. First, my home ethernet is nonexistent but I have a small gigabit switch on my desk, so it is on my desk or across the...