Search results

1. Jerry Renwick

How to add 40/100Gbps services to a existing metro network without affecting legacy installation?

The existing 10GbE network is adequate for my data center now, but the 40Gbps and 100Gbps applications have been on the market for some time. So for future proofing, how to add 40Gbps and 100Gbps services to a existing metro network without affecting the legacy installation? I really need some...
  2. Jerry Renwick

FS HP compatible SFP

HP (JD118A X120) Compatible Transceiver Module: 1000BASE-SX SFP 850nm 550m US$ 11.00 +$5.08 shipping Key Features Data-rate of 1.25Gbps/1.063Gbps operation 850nm VCSEL laser and PIN photodetector for 550m transmission Hot-pluggable SFP footprint duplex LC connector Interface Class 1 FDA and...
  3. Jerry Renwick

compatible question of sfp plus and xfp

Hi, i just have something doubful on the sfp+ and xfp. Are sfp+ and xfp compatible (can be used at the end of point-to-point fiber link) if they are with same specification(e.g. SM, 10Gbps, 10km) ? i decided to terminate a 10Gbps link on Juniper EX-3200 (with EX-UM-2x4SFP+) and SRX3600 (with XFP...
  4. Jerry Renwick

does gigabit media converters affect performance or difficultly manage?

Recently, we decide to upgrade our network infrastructure. We have fiber between our idfs and our mdf , but as we have found that fiber core switches is more expensive than copper.So, my question is" compared to having a fiber switch, is there any performance (sunch as bandwidth, latency, etc.)...
  5. Jerry Renwick

FS:Compatible SFP,fully compatible with Cisco

NEW Cisco GLC-SX-MM Compatible 1000BASE-SX SFP Transceiver Module US$ 8.40 +$5.08 shipping NEW Cisco GLC-LH-SM Compatible 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module US$ 10.10+$5.08 shipping NEW Cisco GLC-ZX-SM Compatible 1000BASE-ZX SFP Transceiver Module US$ 37.00+$5.08 shipping NEW Cisco...
  6. Jerry Renwick

does a 10g SFP+ module replace with a 1g copper module work?

i have a network device which has an SFP+ port on it.and it is installed with a 10g fiber optic transceiver. the device's specifications shows that it supports both 1 and 10g via the SFP+ port. i don't currently have a 10g-capable device to plug into the other end, so i plan to run it in 1g...