Search results

1. Jerry Renwick

Any considerations on a multi-gigabit (1, 2.5, 5, 10) switch?

I haven't seen any multigigabit copper SFP transceiver on the market.
  2. Jerry Renwick

Dell 5524p Ubiquiti optics

I've personally deployed some FS 10GB transceivers together with fiber patch cables. I just hooked them up to my Dell switches. The connection is solid and works very well. Dell 10GbE SFP+ Transceiver Modules | FS.COM
  3. Jerry Renwick

How can I test if my data cabling, punch-downs & jacks are 100%?

You will need a cable tester to troubleshoot the cable faults.
  4. Jerry Renwick

Managing multiple UniFi sites

Layer 3 adoption and management works really well, all of my production APs are managed on a single controller on a different subnet, all across the internet.
  5. Jerry Renwick

Arista DCS-7050Q-16 transceiver compatibility

Haven't used Brocade but ordered some QSFP+ DAC cables from FS.COM to connect all our switches (Cisco Nexus 9000 N9K-M6PQ-E). We had no hassle in terms of achieving speed and performance for the Mellanox and Net-gear/CISCO 40G Ethernet switches etc.
  6. Jerry Renwick

Juniper EX4300 & 10GBASE-T SFP+ RJ45 transceiver

Many folks purchase 10G copper SFP+ modules from Microtik and FS.COM. Their third-party modules are with high compatibility and you can get with decent price.
  7. Jerry Renwick

Upgrade to 10GB - How?

Passive twinax DAC is the most cost-effective option to connect two SFP+ ports.
  8. Jerry Renwick

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Thinking of buying this 48-Port Gigabit SFP L2/L3/MPLS Switch with 4 10GE SFP+ Uplinks: 48-Port Gigabit SFP Network Switch w/ 4 10GE SFP+ Slots | FS.COM
  9. Jerry Renwick

Mellanox Connectx-2 temperature (and alternatives?)

This equipment should not be operated in an area with an ambient temperature exceeding the maximum recommended: 55°C (131°F). To guarantee proper air flow, allow at least 8cm (3 inches) of clearance around the ventilation openings.
  10. Jerry Renwick

IP Camera Recommendations

IP camera requires a license that is not free. If you need to add more cameras then you will need more licenses per cameras. We recommend to use a stand-alone NVR.
  11. Jerry Renwick

Keystone patch panels - what are my options?

If I am doing a small install I will buy a patch block and bracket and however many jacks I need. Otherwise I'll use a fixed configuration panel (12, 24, 48 ports) with 110 terminations. Cat5e/Cat6/Blank Keystone Patch Panels & Accessories | FS.COM
  12. Jerry Renwick

10G Compatibility - Netgear ProSafe GS752TXS

Yes, the compatibility should be taken into account when connecting two switches. But it seems that this DAC is only compatible with Mellanox, but not with the GS752TXS.
  13. Jerry Renwick

Fastest File Transfer over 40gigE.

File sharing depends on the source and destinations, and how each interface is configured.
  14. Jerry Renwick

Wiring Home Network w/ Fiber

I've got the cat6a trunk cable from FS.COM. They are well constructed. Deploy my networks easier and faster than those I purchased before. Cat6a Trunk Cables | FS.COM
  15. Jerry Renwick

ConnectX-2 Lx EN network card and optical transceivers

MNPA19-XTR A2 cards can work with the 10GBASE-SR SFP+ transceiver.
  16. Jerry Renwick

Looking for a good deal on 10G RJ45 switch with at least 1 10G SPF+ port

I have installed a couple of this optics in my Cisco 3650 over the past two months, zero failed, and all works fine now. The only regret is that the price of it is more expensive than the 10G fiber SFPs, but it is good to see the price start to drop down.
  17. Jerry Renwick

Suggestions on Catalyst Switches

The 4948E switch has fixed configuration with 48 RJ45 ports of 10/100/1000M for downlink and 4 SFP/SFP+ ports of 1/10G for uplink on the front panel. The best advantage is that all these ports can configure themselves to operate at the speed of the attached devices.
  18. Jerry Renwick

Cisco Switch Pricing

24 port gigabit switches which can provide 10gbe uplinks would be a good choice.
  19. Jerry Renwick

Recommend: 10GbE, L2+/L3 switch. VLAN ACLs

The CRS226-24G-2S+IN is able to power via PoE. With it, one can deploy to nooks and crannies in homes and offices. It can also power the unit through a single Ethernet cable.
  20. Jerry Renwick

Looking for some switch advice on 1/10gb switches with FE support

The 3750-E Series Switch enables migration from to 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, as business needs require, without having to upgrade the switches.