Search results

1. J

Need Advice: V100 ECC Retired Page Error exceeds 63 and corrupted InfoRom

Just bought a used V100 16GB PCIE as my learning tool for CUDA/Deep Learning. My long term plan is to get a 2nd one and use NVLINK to learn how to do DL data/model parallel. I ran NVIDIA’s diagnose test and found two errors (picture attached): Retired Page Error exceeds 63 corrupted InfoRom...
  2. J

Question about Disable E-core on DELL Precision 3660

Hi all, I was wondering if there is any user report whether E-core of i7-12700K on DELL Precision 3660 can be disabled in DELL BIOS. Because there are research software that we use that doesn't support E-core, but we still want 12th gen and 8C/16T of P core. Thanks!
  3. J

Mellanox ConnectX-3 slow transfer speed

Hello, I have tested a couple of MCX-311A card (latest driver and firmware) under Mint(Ubuntu) Linux with iperf. They work fine (9.x Gbit/s). I have tested these cards in a fresh-install Win10 21H2 (all default) on a Optiplex 9020. The iperf is about 8-9Gbit/s. When I test these cards in a...
  4. J

Lenovo 430-8i 430-16i HBA (LSI 3408, 3416) with ZFS

Hi all, In my previous post, I mention that our research lab's mini server room and needs a small storage server running TrueNAS. I got initial quote from Lenovo and will also try DELL and ixSystem later. I think I might get a more accurate answer here and people are generally very...
  5. J

Seek suggestions for server room set up

Hi all, I am working for a research lab at a University and we start to have more deep-learning and general computing needs. I am seeking suggestions for finalize the set up. Basically for this project, I volunteered as an "armature" IT consultant. I marked my questions with emojio_O The need...
  6. J

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

Update: I end up returned the Mikrotik CRS305 and bought NetGear MS510TX. TLDR: It looks like Mikrotik still have pause frame/flow control issue with 2.5/5G, with common RJ45-SFP+ modules (6COM, ipolex, etc..) The only known RJ45-SFP+ module that works at 2.5G/5G is Supermicro...
  7. J

Threadripper Proxmox build, need suggestions

I work in a research lab that we recently purchased a Threadripper 3970x workstation from a System Integrator. It is a better better deal than Dell-Intel, which would have cost us twice as much. The role is to run Proxmox as base Hypervisor and run multiple Windows and Linux for scientific...