Search results

1. S

HP P410 controller failure

I'm trying to make this P410 work, but it behaves strangely. I must say I'm not using HP hardware to test it, but rather a Dell motherboard. When I use the card with the cache module and battery attached, it gives me a failure message and doesn't go any further. The boot does not complete...
  2. S

X570 chipset/UEFI BIOS and HBAs

I recently built an AMD desktop (Ryzen 5, X570 chipset) and wanted to add a little bit of local bulk storage (aiming for a RAID5 or 6 hardware setup). The BIOS is set to UEFI+CSM for backwards compatibility. I tested many of the HBAs I have, and all of them act weirdly. I should say that all are...
  3. S

3ware/AMCC 9690SE and over 2TB drives: autotrim off, but doesn't see full capacity

I have a 3ware 9690SE which I wanted to use some 3TB SAS drives with for ZFS purposes. The drives are 3TB/2.72TiB, but when connected to the adapter they show as only 730GiB. A whole 2TB is missing from the drive capacity. I have several of these drives, and the same happens to all. When...
  4. S

M5015: array suddenly offline

I'm testing a 4-drive raid5 array on a M5015 card. Seemed to work fine for a few days, but this morning suddenly the array was offline. I went into WebBIOS and 2 of the 4 drives were offline, unclear why. Furthermore, one of the 2 offline drives was marked [FOREIGN], as if the controller...
  5. S

OpenWRT DMZ: failed to setup

Here is a little background. I am setting up a home server with multiple purposes (website, personal cloud). It is running off a Linux box, the details of which are unimportant - let me just say that the services I want are already up and running and are perfectly accessible from within my home...
  6. S

PSA: repairing "dead" IBM M5015 SAS card

Hi, this is my first post, and it's meant to document what I did to repair one of my M5015 cards that was apparently dead. The card used to work fine, until a reboot. After that, the card seemed to have completely disappeared. No POST banner, did not show in BIOS, undetected by lspci. Thanks...