Search results

1. C

FS: Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB (2.5" NVME)

I purchased these for a project a year or so ago, and the project was scrapped due to covid19. They were purchased in bulk packs of 10. QTY 18 New: Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB NVME MZQLB1T9HAJR ~ $275 QTY 2 Open Box: Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB NVME MZQLB1T9HAJR ~ $ 250 For US purchase only (sorry)...
  2. C

FS: Samsung MZ7LM3T8NE (PM863a)

Each sorry. First time selling and wasn't paying attention.
  3. C

FS: Samsung MZ7LM3T8NE (PM863a)

FS: I have two Samsung PM863a 3.84TB ssd's. One is new in box, and the other is opened but has not been used. 1,000usd for each one with shipping US
  4. C

SSD Recommendation for ZFS ESX Datastore

I went with cheaper (and bigger ssds) and then when with mirrors. Crucial m550's and I have 4 now. I originally did a raidz1, but mirrors are so much easier to add capacity to for something like vm storage, and performance seems to be much better.
  5. C

Gauging Interest: FreeNAS / Proxmox Backup Service

This would be pretty cool. I'm sure there are a couple of people like me out there that just host tons of media, and would consider it. I don't even need a high availability, I just need to know it's there and I could get it back eventually. I've been tempted to use backblaze's b2, but have...
  6. C

SFF NAS Upgrade - ZFS Build Advice

I went the iscsi route with esxi because even with slog, my vm performance over nfs was not the best. I could never get nfs performance above 50MB/s over nfs with vmware using 4x1tb in a mirrored pool. iscsi I get around 500MB/s
  7. C

FreeNAS Corral: Can't create Groups?

I do, but it's really just a side effect of nightly snapshots & replication. I think I've had to restore something from a previous version once or twice. It seems pretty slow to enumerate through the directory structure, but other than that, it seems to work fine.
  8. C

FINAL Bachelor Build - Xeon D vSAN Cluster

This might be slightly off topic, but what has you experience with vsan on the xeon-d's been like?
  9. C

I've had a complete mixed bag with optics & dac's on the us-16-xg, and it has seemed like a mixed bag for others. They just released an alpha firmware that increases dac compatibility as well, so i'll be installing that this weekend.
  10. C

High Capacity Storage Server for 10Gb Network

I have 8x8TB SMR's on corral in a raidz-2 config, and all of my media is shared with plex using nfs over a 10gb network. I've never seen a problem with read performance using plex with 8 concurrent streams occurring. Write are good as well ~300MB/s sequential file copy, and I think that's in...
  11. C

D-1537's on the supermicro x10sdv-7tp4f, and pretty much for the exact same reasons you went with them. Was there that much performance difference between the 1537 & 1541 on the D1541D4U-208R board you purchased on your transcodes?
  12. C

@IamSpartacus I think your build pushed me over the edge to move to xeon-d finally. I've been teetering on if I should hold out and get something more powerful, or just take the plunge. The biggest thing I was worried about was plex on-the-fly transcoding for internet users. I think I saw your...
  13. C

FreeNAS Corral Canned – Development Essentially Halted for Now

@KioskAdmin - After messing with the beta's for what seemed like forever, then updating my homelab stuff to Corral, I can say that the UI is still super buggy. Some settings are non-existent, and it seems like I have a better experience in Firefox vs. Chrome, and even page refreshes take...
  14. C

FreeNAS Corral Canned – Development Essentially Halted for Now

@SaltyPeanuts - I get the same feeling as @PigLover reading their forums. There's a lot of walking back from the cliff in their statements. It just seems like it was ultimately bad decisions somewhere, and a rush to production. To be completely honest though, they could flip on a dime in a...
  15. C

25w Pentium D-1508

I've been using twinax dac instead of transceivers, mostly because it's cheaper.
  16. C

25w Pentium D-1508

Here's their product listing, and they have a couple models of the 1508 listed: Super Micro Computer, Inc. Products - Server Systems based on Intel® Xeon®-D processors
  17. C

Review of White Label 4TB drives

So, it looks like the price went back up (238USD) so I'm guessing they are pretty much out right now. Has anyone else purchased a 4tb wl that wasn't a western digital RE or Red based drive?
  18. C

Gigabyte GA-9SISL - update

I completely agree.
  19. C

Oops. I'm a little slow. I went back to check it out and realized it was them.
  20. C

So I just noticed this drive here. They look almost the same. New 4000GB 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6 0Gb s 3 5" Hard Drive Free Shipping | eBay It's not from GoHardDrive though.