Search results

1. P

CPU + Motherboard ideas for Storage/Plex server

Thanks guys for you input, very much appreciated! I've had some plumbing issues so I had to pause this upgrade - but now Black Friday is approaching.. =) Where do you all buy your parts? I'm from Sweden and used to have a good online price agent services for comparing. What are my options in US...
  2. P

Actually I don't.. =) The PCIE lanes was a part of the suggestion for the X10SRL-F board. Probably 3 lanes are enough. Which brand of board would you start looking for?
  3. P

Thanks both @zer0sum and @itronin for your replies! I checked the X10SRL-F and I agree that it seems to be a really nice motherboard. I almost bought one when noticed the size - it's an ATX board. My chassis can only hold a micro ATX board =( Do you have any suggestions on a smaller board?
  4. P

My 10 yrs old home server needs to be replaced before it breaks down. When I built it, servethehome.com was on my retinas for months in a row =) I have never felt my current setup as slow (not CPU or disk performance) but a performance upgrade is always nice =) Shall I still go for the IBM...
  5. P

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

A beginners question: can I run 4 pcs of the IBM 1015 on a Tyan S5510GM3NR as recommended in the Mid-range DIY Storage Server Buyer’s Guide?
  6. P

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

Sorry for maybe jumping into wrong thread. Is the PERC 5 card compatible with the Intel c204 chipset? I've got two PERCs but need a motherboard for that can run them for my budget storage server I plan to build. The Asus P8B-E/4L seems attractive but also the Supermicro X9SCA-F.