Search results

1. H

MinisForum MS-01 : heating problem

FINE. I admit that the MS-01 is a nice little box. I really do. But maybe someone here that has alot of these would be willing to put one to the test. 24/7 Run stress-ng on the CPU, hammer all nic interfaces with iperf3 continuously. use some disk benchmark to hammer all nvme SSD's. Transcode...
  2. H

but the MS-01 is packed with high performance components, CPU, GPU, M.2 SSD, 2x 10 GB Ethernet, designed to run 24/7 at temps between 70-90 degrees, pulling hundreds of watts. If you do that, then it will eventually grind to a halt, because it will be filled with dust, and the cooling system...
  3. H

I do stand by my opinion that the cooling is flawed. If you keep this machine running on a desk in a room where people also reside, the MS-01 will basically grind to a halt in about 6 months or something. You can't just go from a standard ATX case to a minicase like this by just cramming all...
  4. H

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

sorry if this has already been posted, but should interest this thread: https://videocardz.com/newz/sparkle-arc-a380-low-profile-gpu-gets-single-slot-cooler-making-the-worlds-first YouTuber assembles single-slot low-profile Intel Arc A380 GPU using A310 cooler
  5. H

Advice on 10-15 meter (32-50 ft.) long 10GbE SFP+ cables

wonderful info, can't thank you enough. It's bedtime here but tomorrow i'll study it all.
  6. H

I'm having a hard time looking for that on german ebay.. what would be the correct search terms for just the fiber cable? edit: OS2/OM3/OM4 LC to LC Fiber Patch Cable Duplex Singlemode/Multimode ? OS2/OM3/OM4 LC to LC Fiber Patch Cable Duplex Singlemode/Multimode 0.5~100 meter | eBay That...
  7. H

Thanks. Just knowing a generic one like this will most likely work is good info. If i end up ordering from china there is no way to return it so..
  8. H

Hi, i have a desktop and server connected with Solarflare SFN7022F cards, point to point, no switch, using standard copper DAC cables (Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU1M) I need to move the desktop further away, and need 15 meter cables, but i have no experience. I'm assuming i'm going to need optical cables...
  9. H

I'm sorry for coming out so negative, the MS-01 is great, and we need these types of machines, i just think the cooling needs redesigned. Never meant to 'rain on the parade' lol One issue with cooling is also dust accumulation, leaving the MS-01 with any kind of load will mean you have to clean...
  10. H

Somewhere there is the original MS-01 thread, where the Minisforum rep is saying they are monitoring the comments, and the next reply is mine, where i reply that none of this will work, unless. Ever since then until now, with the MS-01 shipping, i've just been rolling my eyes. I hope Minisforum...
  11. H

You're right, but only because all my comments about this ever since the MS-01 was first announced and discussed here, was met with zero comments. Now, as people are getting their MS-01's, the crying fest has begun, and i find it pretty sad.. I know most people here are 1000x smarter than me...
  12. H

plus as a major difference from traditional ATX cases, you will be able to replace / clean the external fans while system is running
  13. H

source extra thin 180mm case fans, say 8mm thick, and mount them on both sides of a perforated case, it doesn't need high RPM, like in a traditional case, because all the components are so close, and airflow has nowhere else to go except straight over the components.. Say 2x 400 RPM 8x180mm fans...
  14. H

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/minisforum-ms-01-pcie-card-and-ram-compatibility-thread.42785/post-416422 I've rolled my eyes at this for months.. eventually it will be consensus, i'm just amazed how so many smart people here keep trying like fools, like small babies.. I...
  15. H

Also i feel a little neglected regarding the SFP+ issues reported earlier. I posted a link to a reddit post on how to individually disable ASPM for the nic's only. It might be a mandatory thing to do, If the aim is to run 2x10GB links reliably, while having low total wattage. Also to the user...
  16. H

eventually these high performance small boxes will all come with fully perforated cases, and one or two standard casefans mounted outside the case. Anything else is stupid and non-viable. It's pure stupidity to try to cram all these hot components into a small closed space, and then start crying...
  17. H

Here i would also try enabling flow control on switch ports, nic ports, or both.
  18. H

This seems to be a solution: Disabling ASPM on a per-device basis maybe @garbinc could try to disable for 10G nic this way
  19. H

this thread talks about controlling ASPM per device.. Doesn't seem to be a solution, but if someone wants to test: ASPM AER: disable for specific device / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums
  20. H

i might be wrong then, i've read the savings are really small.. hmm I do remember intel saying enable ASPM for the ARC cards.. so maybe SSD's use ASPM to sleep, and that saves lots of power.. but definitely not good for nic's. I remember it used to flood my console with AER messages from the...