Search results

1. B

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Supermicro backplane for 2U twin node chassis model SAS827HD.
  2. B

drives all spontaneously disappeared -- expander failure in SuperMicro 826 chassis?

I have a Supermicro 826 chassis with a BPN-SAS3-826EL1 backplane. Linux/ZFS were complaining that the disks weren't available after I got home from a weekend away. All 8 disks in the array were no longer seen with lsblk. None of the lights for the drive bays were glowing (8 populated, 4 empty)...
  3. B

Supermicro CSE-505-203B Black 1U SuperChassis Bare Chassis - $55 or less

Good deal, but sadly gone. Thanks for posting!
  4. B

FS: Supermicro 2U TwinPro2 quad node 2011-3 2028TP-HC0TR barebone

Wow, I haven’t thought of the Hard OverClocking forums in forever. This is a sweet server setup. I have a similar 2 node in 2U setup and think it is fantastic. I’d pick this up if I didn’t already have my current setup.
  5. B

Supermicro X13SAE-F W680 Motherboard Mini-Review

Thanks for the review. The ~3 watts for power off/BMC-only is low … or at least less than I thought X10 generation motherboards do (10-15 watts). Am I misremembering or has IPMI become more energy efficient?
  6. B

Best solution for 10GbE on macbook pro

I have that model connected to a CalDigit hub connected to an M1 MBP. It’s reliable and I can push 9+ gbps through it when benchmarking — not that I can actually sustain real transfers to/from disk at that rate.
  7. B

INTEL SSD D7-P5510 3.84tb - $320 or less @ebay

Totally gone now — and that’s good because I was thinking I would buy them myself.
  8. B

Supermicro putting IPMI/BMC and BIOS downloads behind logins?

I don’t mind creating an account as long as it isn’t “create an account so we can verify you have an active service/support plan with us for that piece of hardware”.
  9. B

Cheap 32in 4K IPS Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, usb-c inputs $330 FS

If the image quality is comparable to the Z32 I will be happy for getting something in the same league for a third of the price. For anything truly color critical, whatever monitor you get should be calibrated with a hardware calibrator to generate a profile for the specific display. And then...
  10. B

Cheap 32in 4K IPS Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, usb-c inputs $330 FS

Just like a HP Z32? Ok, I’m sold. That’s the monitor I have. So I just ordered one of these for the girlfriend. I wish I could justify a second 32” for myself.
  11. B

Micron 9200 MAX 1.6TB $125 each

Oof. I got 6 of these for $200 a piece a year ago.
  12. B

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

May cause intestinal discomfort, nausea, or headaches? Thanks for the info.
  13. B

Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

If you’re interested in selling them, I’m still interested in buying them Monitoring power use over time. Yes, the native interface isn’t great. But forever ago I had Uniquiti’s mFi line of outlets that supported monitoring and switching. And it had the single pane of glass overview Ubiquiti...
  14. B

U.2 / U.3 to USB 3.2 for Ext. U.2 access (not cheap, but may be useful)

Thanks for all this info! One minor nitpick: at the end you have the Samsung 983 screenshots and then you say P5800x below, but your screenshot is a repeat of a Samsung one above.
  15. B

YMMV: Supermicro 2u-3u rails rev b - $40 shipped

Definitely quick rails. Nice!
  16. B

YMMV: Supermicro 2u-3u rails rev b - $40 shipped

The more expensive rails have ball bearing slides so once mounted, you can slide the server out, do some work, slide it back in. No need to re-rack. Static rails don’t move. You either put the server in or you take the server out.
  17. B

Seagate Exos X20 and IronWolf Pro 20TB HDDs Shipping

If this means prices of 18TB SAS drives go down a bit, I can upgrade from my 14TB drives soon.