Search results

1. T

Two PCIe SSDs (3.2TB & 1.6TB)

Finally plugged my F320 in and similar to you guys getting great speeds with the stock firmware it came with. Will upgrade the firmware when I get the chance. It runs in the high 30's and low 40's for me but I do have a lot of ventilation in the case. It had low hours and writes as well: 1703...
  2. T

Awesome thanks for confirming!
  3. T

Thank you for the link and clarification. Did you just follow the instructions that were posted in that link to update the firmware? sudo apt-get install nvme-cli sudo nvme list sudo nvme fw-download /dev/nvme0 --fw=MS1PC2DD3.IR3Q.fw sudo nvme fw-activate /dev/nvme0 --action=1 sudo nvme reset...
  4. T

Which modded drivers are you talking about? The ones from @AskFor from this thread?: Oracle nvme drivers anyone?
  5. T

Looks like they sold out of the 3.2 TB SSD: Samsung 3.2TB V-NAND F320 NVMe MZ-PLK3T20 PCIe | eBay Someone bought 20 lol
  6. T

12TB WD Elements $175 w/Prime

Best buy seems to have multiple pages and SKUs for these drives. The link I posted seems to be alive again.
  7. T

12TB WD Elements $175 w/Prime

Also available on Newegg WD Elements 12TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive Black WDBWLG0120HBK-NESN - Newegg.com and Bestbuy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-12tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6425301.p?skuId=6425301 and Bestbuy ebay: WD - easystore 12TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive -...
  8. T

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Looks like they just removed the free 2020.03.0 SPP for download and just recently replaced it with 2020.03.02 (5 Sep 2020). Unfortunately the new 2020.03.2 SPP is not available for free. Anybody able to get the new one? I am not sure if it has anything new in it though. Here is a link to the...
  9. T

Adaptec 71605 Corrupt data on Raw drives, UEFI, GPT

This is super interesting. So from reading that forum post you linked, the Adaptec 71605 cards have issues and causes data corruption with 8 and 10TB HDDs when booting with UEFI? But if you use BIOS then it seems to work fine. I was about to purchase a bunch of the cheap Adapter 71605 cards...
  10. T

unRAID Behemoth Build (Stage 2)

I saw this comment from one of their administrators: Multiple cache pools being internally tested now. Multi array pools not in the cards for this release." https://forums.unraid.net/topic/89548-unraid-os-version-69-beta1-available/ When they eventually release multiple array pools it'll be...
  11. T

Thank you for all the info! Super super helpful! :) Ya I'm totally fine with the 30 drive limit right now. I just am looking farrrrr into the future, but by then 20 TB drives will probably be more viable. But only 2 parities for 20 TB drives would be kind of scary lol But I think I saw some...
  12. T

Thank you both for the information. It's nuts that they have this artificial limitation, especially when I have seen Linus Tech Tips, IIRC, receive a custom Unraid license where they had more than the 30 allowed drives in an array. But I guess they want people to buy more licenses and use clever...
  13. T

Ahh! So just running multiple HBAs and USB controllers passed through to the unraid VMs in ESXi? I've seen people run unraid VMs through ESXi and proxmox but never thought to run multiple VMs of it. Sometimes solutions to potential problems are right there in front of you lol! I'm guessing...
  14. T

[WTB][US-CA-SD] 16GB 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666 or 2933 UDIMM for Asrock Rack X470D4U

Ooh thanks I'll check them out in a few days! I wanted to see if anybody had any ram they wanted to offload first though.
  15. T

This sounds awesome! How exactly would you go about doing that? Do you add the unraid VMs with drives to the bare metal Unraid unassigned devices? Or do you just add them to shares? Really interested in this, as I'm looking to switch to unraid soon and don't like the 30 drive array limitation.
  16. T

[WTB][US-CA-SD] 16GB 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666 or 2933 UDIMM for Asrock Rack X470D4U

Hello y'all, been a while since I've been on these forums, I am looking for 2-4 16GB or 32GB ECC 2666 or 2933 UDIMM RAM sticks. I'd prefer something that is on the QVL list for the Asrock Rack X470D4U for an AMD AM4 3900x, but I will definitely consider other RAM sticks as well. The list of...
  17. T

Silverstone CS381 announced at CES 2018

Even though this isn't matx, it's one of the best mini-itx cases I've found The Areca / KaleidoNet KT8+: 32TB Small tower workstation
  18. T

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

I actually have added a mPCIE to x1 PCIe cable to the underside mPCIE slot and it worked fine when I added a USB 3.0 add in PCIe card so it should work for you. I also was able to shave down my sata cable to connect to the CFAST slot as an extra sata connection. I think that one of the other...
  19. T

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

THANK YOU! Thank you so much for uploading and sharing this new bios with us! I was pulling my hair out because I couldn't get one of my extra motherboards to stop freezing with a GTX 960 installed. It worked fine before, but I decided to tinker with the motherboard settings and then it just...
  20. T

2 x Xeon E5-2620 V1, SATA DOM 5v USB Header Adapters

I bought 5 of these from @sno.cn and they work fine without a problem. Shipped fast, easy and without a problem :) Thanks!