Search results

1. Y

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I am just using a 6mm motherboard standoff. The m.2 card doesn't sit flat, but it seems to work fine. The correct height is 4mm, so you could file it down to size without much trouble.
  2. Y

I'm on 1.4.2. I don't have any 16gb dimms to try, but mine will recognize/boot with 2x 8gb dimms, seems the startup time is a lot longer than the 2x 4gb I normally run.
  3. Y

None that I saw. I created the VFs as above, assigned them in virt-manager, then started the whole lot. After they launched I verified that they got a DHCP address and I could ping them. I just used an Ubuntu cloud image for the OS.
  4. Y

I spun up 8 VMs (vfio-pci/q35) with those VFs, and they all have a network connection. So that part seems to be working fine.
  5. Y

This took a bit as I have not used SR-IOV before, let me know if you need more information on anything here, or have other tests you'd like me to run. Host OS: OpenSuse Tumbleweed, kernel 5.7.2-1-default. Network card: SolarFlare SFN7002f sfboot switch-mode=sriov pf-count=1 vf-count=16. The...
  6. Y

The listing I got was titled "WYSE 5070 TC EXTENDED FCTO (BSTK)"
  7. Y

I got it from CDW Outlet a couple weeks ago for $90 + shipping, same price as this one.
  8. Y

I think most of Dell's stuff doesn't come with the standoff unless it has the m.2 drive, just mentioned it since my 5070 Extended didn't come with it either.
  9. Y

It looks like yours did not include the M.2 standoff either. It needs a 6-32 outer thread, with a 4mm standoff. This is a pretty common size for motherboard standoffs, you may have some laying around. Here are the ones I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00213KL5I/ These are 6mm but can be...
  10. Y

Here is one for the 5070 specifically: The WYSE 5070, a perfect little VyOS device – blog.kroy.io Additionally for other J5005 boards: https://www.speicher.de/arbeitsspeicher-blog/32gb-arbeitsspeicher-asrock-j4105-itx
  11. Y

Spec sheet is inaccurate for max ram, you can put at least 32gb (2x16gb) in it.
  12. Y

No, the only option for storage expansion is the M.2 sata port.