Search results

1. A

Home network IPv6 conundrum

I've come to a crossroads recently in my home network setup and looking for some input. In the past, I ran pfSense and all IPv6 was disabled. Traffic was forced through a VPN service, such as NordVPN, with a few exception that restricted the VPN service. At present, my network is fully open...
  2. A

VLAN + ARP question

I'm running an ICX 6610 as my core switch and L3 router on my home network. Trying to dive deep into figuring out what my Chinese IP cameras are trying to send out (literally, I have a bunch of ACL entries in the switch logs from these things that are beyond suspicious), I've been packet...
  3. A

OPNSense/pfSense OpenVPN Client + Server Issues

I have OPNSense running as my edge router. It has an OpenVPN client instance (Private Internet Access) running on it and certain hosts are only allowed access through that VPN gateway. Additionally, I recently set up an OpenVPN server instance on OPNSense. Devices connect to it no problem and...
  4. A

Network IPv6, firewalling, routing, oh my...

I'm expanding my knowledge and wanting to learn more about IPv6 in general and enable it's use in the home network. I'm awfully confused on how it will work with my present network setup. Keep in mind this is on a home network with a residential ISP. I am able to get a /59 of IPv6 addresses...
  5. A

GlusterFS and "RAID10" sanity check

FWIW, this is for a regularly backed up, home media setup. I've been running Gluster on two Supermicro 2U X8DTN+ servers with a hodgepodge of 6TB and 8TB SATA and SAS drives and one arbiter server on a Proxmox VM. The servers have been setup with Btrfs RAID5 and have had great success thus...