Search results

1. F

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Yeah, really nice change from java remote access turds. Looking at the portal, I felt instantly that it's a homage to pi-hole interface. Nothing against that, but it just had the same look. Which is nice, as I'm quite familiar with that one. :)
  2. F

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

I gave in and ordered the board just because it was so cheap. Sent an offer for the kicks and it was approved. Why did I do that.. I don't know what's wrong with me. Any updates on this one? I'm looking at doing x8x8 bifurcation but cannot find anything good on european amazon. Maybe I'll get...
  3. F

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Thanks! On the G431 IOMMU was disabled by default, as well. That was hidden pretty well into the bios menus, too..
  4. F

Are you seeing 4c/8t in bios or by OS itself? I have MJ11-EC1-0T (G431 server) and with F09 bios at least both bios and OS are reporting just 4c/4t config :confused: edit: Apparently there's HT setting somewhere.. hmm edit2: advanced -> amd cbs -> zen common options -> core/thread enablement...
  5. F

So I have this m2 adapter which I bought off amazon I have two of these MJ11 boards, one simple board and one full server (Gigabyte G431-MM0). I'm wondering how I could power the m2 adapter on the server, as it doesn't have any sata cables which could power the m2 adapter. Any ideas? By a...
  6. F

Is your ram listed on the QVL?
  7. F

Oh, thanks for clarification, I stand corrected. Lovely :rolleyes:
  8. F

First I'd check boot order, or boot media.. Did you check the jumper for cmos clearing? When I tried to boot with incompatible ram (LRDIMM), naturally I got no video out at all. As you're getting some video out, I'd wager the ram is compatible. Have you tried to access bmc? Does it reserve ip...
  9. F

Thanks, I tried the lrdimms I had as well without luck, so... ordered something from the qvl list then :p
  10. F

Does LRDIMM not work with this board? Can't find it on the QVL. I just happen to have lots of lrdimm around
  11. F

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Hi, I don't sadly remember as I have a KVM connected to my device, so I don't in fact keep this particular machine's BMC connected to my lan unless there's something funky going on - and while I understand it's bad practice, I have kept the default usernames/passwords for this reason on it. And...
  12. F

After who knows how long, maybe a year or something similar, I power cycled my server and disconnected it completely from power as I arranged my rack again. After booting the fans didn't slow down but kept spinning around 14krpm, and bmc reported their speed value as normal with that rpm. Well...
  13. F

EU P3605 - 168€

How's the linux support? I have a fusion-io which requires a kernel module and doesn't support newer kernels..
  14. F

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

I'm new to aruba switches but decided anyway to replace bunch of mikrotik 10G switches with s2500/s3500s. I wanted to start with a simple network without any vlans and in the long run configure these better - I just wanted to drop these in place of mikrotiks and call it a day. However during...
  15. F

I have one running truenas. I run it off a cheap intel optane 16gb ssd.
  16. F

Unlocking vGPU on consumer gpu's

So I've been keeping an eye out on this for a few weeks now and this has been gaining momentum: https://github.com/DualCoder/vgpu_unlock/ This has been brewing for the longest time, I remember seeing this years back vGPU on GTX or RTX or Quadro but sadly the author never released his POC code...
  17. F

EXPIRED Supermicro Mbd-h11dsi-b epyc motherboard 73e

Yeah, now that you mention it, I'll save STH the trouble and edit this one out :confused:
  18. F

EXPIRED Supermicro Mbd-h11dsi-b epyc motherboard 73e

I'm not sure why this is this cheap, maybe there's something I'm missing? Ordered one even though I wasn't really planning to :rolleyes: Edit: likely scam, beware https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-208415-Motherboard-Mbd-h11dsi-b-Dual-Amd-Epyc-7000-series-Sp3-Socket/284224759106 Here's...
  19. F

I swapped the CMOS battery, didn't resolve the bmc self test failure. Maybe I'll try to flash an older version of the bmc firmware next (everything is up to date currently). Bmc settings page in bios is inaccessible so I can't see or change anything bmc related there.
  20. F

How the CMOS battery being dead manifests? I have a "bmc failure" on boot. I can ssh into the bmc, it has been flashed (twice) to the latest firmware. Every boot takes 5-10mins so troubleshooting is a wee bit time consuming. After a lot of fiddling I got bmc access after a flash (earned a beer...